• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could the club do more to get the crowd behind them?

Redporky21

Apart from winning,
could the club do something to get the crowd going?
Maybe do something similar to what yeovil do and get each stand making as much noise as possible before a game?
Or at wembley when the guy on the microphone got the crowd singing CIDERRRRRRR!
I remember when mackie would come up to the big bank and show some passion to get the crowd going when we had a corner but you dont see that anymore.
It doesnt cost anything to try and get the crowd drumming up some support and i think anything would be better than nothing

Discuss....

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeovil???? Making noise??? What match were you at, cos it wasn't the City one.

Redporky21

All of there stands were making more noise than the flybe stand do.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have pondered this very question for a while now. Don't know the answer, but would like to hear views. I do think that moving the pitch will help, but there must be more that we can do.

It was interesting to see Jonesy geeing up the crowd on Saturday (in the first half) which I thought was good. Perhaps the players should do this more?

Rog H K

Get a big screen and a camera!

Film people who have arms folded and look glum, when they see themselves on the big screen they always perk up and start waving (in the wrong direction ) and shouting etc. works every time!

Could some one lend the club a few quid to buy one?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeovil???? Making noise??? What match were you at, cos it wasn't the City one.
The announcer before the match tried to encourage each stand to make as much noise as possible. Then the match kicked off and it all went a bit quiet. A bit contrived, I thought. There was something similar at Norwich, which was more impressive.

bflockha

early goal would be nice

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
City need an "anthem" something that is always sung before every home game without question. Something inoffensive, easy to sing, catchy and allows everyone to get involved.

I have no idea what the anthem could be, I thought about it and all I could think of was "Who's that jumping off the ferry?" sadly, that's offensive, not easy to sing, and doesn't get anyone involved.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that the club are about to do something that will help get the atmosphere going - moving the pitch towards the Big Bank.

The fact that there is a huge beach between the front of the terrace and the pitch, and the goal is totally off centre to the Big Bank, is more of an atmosphere killer than people realise. The oppositions keeper will face a much more intimidating atmosphere when we're right on top of him.

SezLez

It seems to me that the best way to get the crowd going is for the ref to make some poor decisions. Never fails!