• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to Ian Holloway

izzer buddy

Ian Holloway did well to return to his old patch and pull off a win. Why Argyle didn't put a stop to the ex Plymouth player playing was a silly oversight . Isn't it always the way an ex player or loan player comes back to his club and scores. Remember Sean Canham, Toddy, Dwaine Lee all spring to mind.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ian Holloway did well to return to his old patch and pull off a win.
He didn't, it was at Blackpool.

angelic upstart

Why Argyle didn't put a stop to the ex Plymouth player playing was a silly oversight
It was part of Seips loan deal that he played. He is only on a months loan and there is an international break in between, so it was something Blackpool asked for.

STURTZ

Only away for a month? I daresay gaygoyle will draft him straight back into their first team now they've seen what he can do!:D

Also expect the Gnome Park crowd to welcome him back with open arms.

Last edited:

angelic upstart

Seip has been quite clever, muted celebrations for his goal and saying I will not play for Plymouth when Sturrock is in charge will probably garner a good reaction from the Home Park faithful.

Personally, I'll find it great when Mariner takes charge. 20 years in the US = clueless about the modern game. So the sooner Sturrock goes the better. :)

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like Southampton you mean? and Tranmere and Wycombe are starting to look like they'll get their act together...

if I was a City fan I'd be wondering whether there were plans to sign any decent players to give ourselves a fighting chance, rather than arrogantly assuming that we were Too Good To Go Down

Never said that and never will.

However, there are worse teams than us in Div 3 and we have taken 7 points from last 9 at home. Before our back to back away games we were mid-table and we now have two home games that are winnable.

If we hadn't won in our last 10 League games, picking up 4 points out of 30, then I would be worried.

elginCity

plans to sign any decent players to give ourselves a fighting chance, rather than arrogantly assuming that we were Too Good To Go Down
Giving the players we already have a fair and fighting chance of proving themselves at this level is not arrogance Beachy, tis good management. But, you wouldn't recognise that.

On_The_Beach

[/B]

However, there are worse teams than us in Div 3 and we have taken 7 points from last 9 at home. Before our back to back away games we were mid-table and we now have two home games that are winnable.
Play-offs it is then?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Play-offs it is then?
I can understand you Lemons being bitter given that you predicted we would fall straight back into the BSP (wrong!) and then that you would emulate our success in Lge 2 (not looking great so far, eh?)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only away for a month? I daresay gaygoyle will draft him straight back into their first team now they've seen what he can do!:D

Also expect the Gnome Park crowd to welcome him back with open arms.
He's gonna be something of a pariah now, perhaps we should take him after Blackpool, if he was to start knocking them in for us....our lesser green and much, much lessor yellow chums that haunt this BB would be crying in their beer, Panda Pops ect.