• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Comps

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
I used to get complementary tickets off the players back in Bally's era from time to time. IIRC he got one of the players to hand out spares at away games. All you had to do was hang around a while and you could often get in for free.

I don't even know why I suddenly remembered this practice, but I was wandering, does it still go on?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It does rarely...I've never had any but seen them handed on.

I did sell some comps on behalf of the 1931 fund a couple of years ago at mk.. 15 each rather than 20 from memory..

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I got given a free ticket at the Walsall away match couple seasons back (the famous Siege night), think if the person who handed them out (a poster on here) knew who I was I wouldn't have got it (y)

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tully gave me comps for a couple of away games a few years ago.

It depends on the club they're playing. I remember Tranmere would give very few comps, so they would go to the players who had family watching.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I used to get comp tickets from Danny Bailey, for helping him improve his game :)

Oldsmobile-88

I have had some years ago.The directors would hand a few out to to Darkie & he would pass them to fellow supporters who travelled with him on the supporters coach.

It was around the Bally era iirc

Last edited:

blackdown red

We were offered a couple at Wimbledon last season,but had arrived at the ground with tickets, so declined them .

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
only happened once to me. Oxford away 1982 via Graham Kirkup

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm hopeful Artur will be repaying Pete's coaching with the odd comp or two ...