• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

compared to last sason

ECFCHUNTY

i like to compare our results with last seasons corresponding fixtures to see if we are doing better or worse..
obvoiusly changing leeds with sheff wed etc etc and after a poor start this season we improved with this weeks result.
so far the 4 games have given us 5 points where as the same fixtures last season we got 8 points.
interesting to keep a note of this as season carrys on then after about 20 games you get a good idea of how our season may pan out

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think its all in context though isnt it...

I think overall we will do better this year once we have our whole defence back fit!

eastdulwich

I think you have to look at the wider picture and particularly the squad. On Saturday, we were able to take off two good strikers and replace them with Logie and Cureton, who promptly combined to make the goal. Also, Noble was on the bench and Matt Taylor is to return. I look at the forthcoming fixtures and unlike last season, I think other teams will be looking at us and thinking they will give us a game. If we get a few results away it could boost confidence and then who knows? The results so far only tell part of the story. Consider the emergence of Ryan Harley as a true all-round player? Against Charlton he had about four shots on target, making their keeper work and twisted, turned and kept the ball all game, with Charlton players unable to get a foot in. The bloke knows he has more to learn and, I understand, is willing to do that under Tis. Add Sercombe and Dunne to the mix and it starts to look positive. I will be looking at the results in another months time, then I might get a glimpse of a pattern. In contrast, I wonder if Plymouth will be able to bring one of their homegrown players into their 'international' squad? Oh, forgot, they don't bring on players.....

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Far too early for any realistic comparisons but just hope that Leyton Orient isnt representative of our league travels this season - else it will be a v long season ...

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Far too early for any realistic comparisons but just hope that Leyton Orient isnt representative of our league travels this season - else it will be a v long season ...
I suspect it will be. Getting results on the road won't be any easier this season, but I think we can get more draws than last time. I would put the Orient performance alongside Huddersfield, Brighton and Gillingham last season, when we just rolled over. Hopefully we have got that tendency out of our system now.

We made Orient look good and they have only got one point apart from the game against us.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
hope that Leyton Orient isnt representative of our league travels this season.
Representative? As stated many times, those were unique circumstances (we hope) that hindered preparation and the performance v Orient.

We didn't 'roll over' either.

We also beat both Colchester and Brizzle Rovers at home last season, where we have drawn this season. But drew with Charlton last season and won this. Far too early to draw any conclusions after 4 games, I think 10 games in would give us a better idea of where we are compared to last season. Overall though I think a reasonable start. I would have taken being above Argyle at the beginning of the season!

ECFCHUNTY

Just bringing this back up and from the corresponding fixtures last season i think we got 14 points (correct me if im wrong) so we are now doing very well compared to last season.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just bringing this back up and from the corresponding fixtures last season i think we got 14 points (correct me if im wrong) so we are now doing very well compared to last season.
After 12 games last season we had 13 points and a GD of -6.

Coincidentally....the Gargoyles have 13 this season and a GD of.....yes, -6.

Mr Bridger

Logan (Now he has shed all that timber)
Nardiello
O'Flynn
Cureton

These 4 will be the difference this season IMO. A goal threat from whatever pairing is used.