• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Communication - lack of??

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
By scruff of the neck surf I actually meant 'Motivating and encouraging' he would not look a laughing stock if he did this, especially when we are trailing 2-0.

dommers

but at the moment is Danny a worthy captain?
I am not sure whether he is captain material yet. I think he probably will although I think he a little more experience yet. Although in saying that I'm not sure who would be better.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't believe that Seaborne has the right temperament to be team captain, nor Gill before him, as proven on Saturday and at some place in London a couple of Mays ago.

Possibly in a few years when he has matured a little, but not now.

Friend was made captain this season at the age of 19(?) but he has an altogether different temperament to Seaborne.

Spit

You are so right it doesn't work, which is why we are languishing in 19th in league 2....oh hang on.....
Did you not see the word "sometimes"..........

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

In response to the OP Looby, you know you are not alone as Radio_Grecian SCREAMED the same at Danny during that 3 minute break.. "Seaborne.. Say something. You're the captain!! Get their heads up!!" He bloody heard it too.

My own opinion is I'm yet to be convinced that Danny is ready. If shouting is the key ingriedient then make Jones captain. If being amongst contender for MOTM over the last 5 games is key (thus people can look up to you), then make it Bertie. If playing left back and scoring a wonder strike is key, make it Deano.

I think we had no leaders at times on Saturday. Bring on the Aldersh*t.

bazza1953

This was the stream of my mails after saturday, the lack of leadership on the pitch and the need for an expereicned pro (not over 35! aka Stewert, Edwards etc) who can take up the mantle when things arn't going too well. Seabourne etc does do a good job but at 20dd he doesnt have the leadership experience.

Talking of that and not wishing to knock Tisdale for what he has achieved, he is also similarly inexperienced when things are down at this level. I realise we have Perryman etc but after a 4, 6 and 3 against us recently I would be very concerned if we have a bad run and ended up dropping like a stone.

I remember previous inexperienced managers in Fox, Blakey and Cornforth and they did not seem to have the nuance to correct it. I agree it is not necessarily the time to bang the drum too hard, but I do have an itch which is starting get bigger.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
I realise we have Perryman etc but after a 4, 6 and 3 against us recently I would be very concerned if we have a bad run and ended up dropping like a stone. .
Did you expect us to keep clean sheets all season then ?

Or perhaps, you thought we'd draw every game 1-1 ?

Or went we went up last May, did you expect us struggle in L2, or to have had the title won by December ?

People, we went out of the FA Cup, that's all, it's not great, it wasn't what ANYBODY wanted, but the players have been taught a valuable lesson. Treat any game lightly, you'll get turned over.

It's done and dusted, on the plus side, we can concentrate on the league around Xmas time now, while our league rivals are busy dreaming of Cup glory.

One surprise defeat and the all the old exeweb negativity returns, along with the cleverly veiled digs, and the not so sly digs, with Tis being targeted again. :mad:

Last edited:

bazza1953

Please read my points, we cant always agree with what has happened. You are as obviously annoyed as I am at recent high scores but want to knock honest opnions instead of answering the points.

No one is knocking where we are in the league, my points are honest and aimed to be productive. Sometimes criticsm is warranted and I would like to think perhaps some of those in change may just take on board any good idedas whcih may be floated.

I did after all start the Trust many years ago when we went into original receivership and raioed £60k in two weeks, paid the wages of several players and bought equipment and safety barriers so i cant be all bad !

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
I did after all start the Trust many years ago when we went into original receivership and raioed £60k in two weeks, paid the wages of several players and bought equipment and safety barriers so i cant be all bad !
Ah well, it'd be helpful if you add to the end of all your posts then, just so we can all understand. ^o)

bazza1953

No probs ECFC '72 we believe in the same cause, maybe just some different approaches some times. At the end of the day I guess hapiness in three points !