• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Collective 20- Fund Raising

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know where the big banner, which stretched pretty much the length of the bank, and was used for the Liverpool FA Cup game is? As I recall, it said something about now being the opportunity for the players to write themselves into history - seems entirely appropriate now.

i8cornwall

Does anyone know where the big banner, which stretched pretty much the length of the bank, and was used for the Liverpool FA Cup game is? As I recall, it said something about now being the opportunity for the players to write themselves into history - seems entirely appropriate now.
I believe that banner was either recycled for another display or disposed of at the time.

Agree that is very fitting for our current standings in the league.

Reactions: Egg

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Has the Stanno flag been found yet? Surely this Saturday would be the time to bring it out.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe that banner was either recycled for another display or disposed of at the time.
Why would that be the case? I assume the banners are made from durable plastic and the messages tend to be relatively timeless - why spend all that money only to use them once and throw them away? Genuinely interested, not criticising.

i8cornwall

Why would that be the case? I assume the banners are made from durable plastic and the messages tend to be relatively timeless - why spend all that money only to use them once and throw them away? Genuinely interested, not criticising.
No it's fine I know you're not.

That banner in question was the first display the RL had done so I think a mix of stupidity, inexperience and the rush of what we had done against Liverpool meant that we weren't really thinking things through

Post that display the black plastic was always reused for wherever possible, from memory I think we got at least two or three displays out of it before it was ripped or broke. I believe the stano and eamon dolan display was from an off cut of the Liverpool banner. The learning curve for displays was quite steep and as we found out no one else involved in the scene is going to tell you how they did something or where they got materials from nor would anyone in C20 tell anyone to be honest.

i8cornwall

Has the Stanno flag been found yet? Surely this Saturday would be the time to bring it out.
I don't no, the stano flag isnt ours so you'd need to find out who's it is for that info. Hopefully it makes and an appearance before the end of the season.

CraigECFC

No it's fine I know you're not.

That banner in question was the first display the RL had done so I think a mix of stupidity, inexperience and the rush of what we had done against Liverpool meant that we weren't really thinking things through

Post that display the black plastic was always reused for wherever possible, from memory I think we got at least two or three displays out of it before it was ripped or broke. I believe the stano and eamon dolan display was from an off cut of the Liverpool banner. The learning curve for displays was quite steep and as we found out no one else involved in the scene is going to tell you how they did something or where they got materials from nor would anyone in C20 tell anyone to be honest.
They were reused as much as possible before tearing. It’s also a case of having to store 200ft worth of heavy polythene. Not sure what C20 have for storage now, but we previously had to store that plastic behind some bins in the centre sport which also reduced the life span of it…

i8cornwall

Again a huge thank you to everyone who donated towards yesterday display.

I know the C20 lads worked there absolute asses off getting that ready and where still up at SJP late on Friday putting the finishing touches to it.

I know the group plans to expand a little next season and try to get things more inline with what the RL was such as more flags, bigger and more regular displays. it'll be loads of work but sure those still involved with the group will smash it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You're welcome to come back on here with a link to any fund raising initiatives.

i8cornwall

You're welcome to come back on here with a link to any fund raising initiatives.
Cheers Hants, I'm not leaving exeweb (I know some posters must be gutted to hear that 😉 just away from the group).

I'll post any links here to anything the group does in the future mind.