• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread 24th November 2018 LD2

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
With those sort of numbers I reckon PC needs by pass surgery.
I'm surprised he didn't have Moxey down for a couple of goals...;)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last season my heart told me Brunt would dominate league two centre backs and bag 12 goals.

My head told me he would barely kick a ball.

IndoMike

Last season my heart told me Brunt would dominate league two centre backs and bag 12 goals.

My head told me he would barely kick a ball.
Personally speaking I think you need both examined...;)

Last edited:

Athelstan

Even tougher getting there as no trains out of London going East. Some sort of replacement bus service unless you go to the likes of Shenfield somewhere in Essex via a host of Tubes, Trains and Taxis. But who would be stupid enough to do that?
It’s still possible to do the journey all by train by taking the C2C to Upminster, London Overground to Romford then TfL Rail to Shenfield for the mainline train from there. The connections have been ok so far.

denzel

Not raining now. I estimate about 7 degrees with light winds.
The town is buzzing but I suspect the stadium won't be.
Let's do this.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Same starting XI as last week.

geoffwp

Will we play a running game is what I'd like to know.

Saint James

Two changes on the bench. Moxey in for Oates and Lee Martin for Archie Collins https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46244279

IndoMike

Will we play a running game is what I'd like to know.
No, we're gonna walk it . Up the City !!!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
In some ways I'm pleased Moxey hasn't come straight back in however the flip side is that Woodman plays, defensively he's a liability and he rarely gets out of second gear when he goes forward.

It's unfortunate that Collins isn't in the squad, I'd have had him in for Jay, the plus side is that our bench looks decent and our squad looks strong again with competition for places.

Oates must be getting frustrated, I thought Sweeney was poor last week, his passing was shambolic at times, he needs to get his attacking mojo back otherwise he shouldn't be playing, our full backs need to step it up.

Last edited: