• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coach travel to Wembley

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Berry's coaches is £20 return to London this month if you live in or around either Tiverton, Taunton or Bridgewater

maxmac70

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mark and Chris aren't doing it any more. Not next season either. They've had enough and I don't blame them, frankly. Away travel is all in the hands of the club from here on.
That's a real shame..I do not travel on the Supporters Coach but have in the distant past.It is a thankless task & loads of hassle.(running mini buses was bad enough )

The football club have of course run it in the past & it's fair to say made a right hash of it.

National Express - Cheapest £46.20

Megabus - Cheapest £28.50 (but only viable return leaves at 11.30pm)

Train (Exeter - Waterloo) - Cheapest £85.90
Type in 3 or more adults for the train and it works out £58.95 each.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't understand those train prices.

A return on SWT from Exeter to Waterloo is £61.70 or £69.70 including the tube. With groupsave, 3 or 4 travelling get 1/3 off or it's even worth buying a railcard just to get 1/3 off for a year. You practically save the cost of the railcard on the 1 ticket, let alone if there are a group of you (and kids tickets are cheaper with a railcard than on groupsave)

The only issue is the times. The first SWT on a Sunday leaves Exeter at 925 (930 at Central) and doesn't get to Waterloo until 1.00 so not that much time for pre-match jolity. It's 40 minutes from Waterloo to Wembley. There is a train an hour earlier but it starts at Honiton. If SWT have any sense (..!) then they will just start that train at Exeter at 825.

My train leaves Exeter at 8.39am and gets to Wembley at 12.22. Always make up time on the tube so should be there just after Noon.

Lenny

There is an additional train at 09 19, Paddington arrival 11 47. Quoting £84 80 return.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Here ya go for those who want to go from Exeter to Wembley and back on a coach ............. £25 a seat and the first 15 that mail me with a definite yes gets the seats.

UTC

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Latest update from the club on coach travel HERE