• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Captain 2015/16

EssexGrecian

With Bennett gone, and Oakley likely to play a smaller (if any) role next season. Could Ribs be a genuine contender for Club Captain? If not, who else could it be?
I'd say either Ribs, Harley or an experienced CB if we bring one in (Magnus Okuonghae for example)

Thoughts?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will surely be Jamie McAllister. Captained Yeovil into the Championship and is currently studying for a UEFA A coaching badge.

EssexGrecian

Ah good shout, hadn't even considered Jamie McAllister

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Was wondering about David Noble. Seems to be a reformed character.

Terryhall

Good question. I do wonder who it'll be, I'd say the likely suspects are all named above (Noble, McAllister or Harley.) Of those three, I'd go with McAllister.

This probably means we'll see Bobby Olejnik as captain :)

oxford don

Good question. I do wonder who it'll be, I'd say the likely suspects are all named above (Noble, McAllister or Harley.) Of those three, I'd go with McAllister.

Good shout...ideal player ideal position....

"Manager Darren Ferguson was later quoted saying "Bobby's a really good goalkeeper. The save he made in the first-half was outstanding, but he also gives us something we haven't had from our goalkeepers in recent seasons and that's excellent communication skills."

ECFC Music

Harley is no captain and as for Noble well he had his chance and blew it. Oakley and Butterfield from an experience standpoint , but will probably not be playing regularly enough and i don't think it would be the right decision anyway. So options limited.

ALOTBSOL

I would expect Oakley to get the title of Club Captain, even if he wasn't playing each match, with Tis likely to appoint someone who is a bit more guaranteed to start as vice-captain. I agree that Harley really isn't the man for it, so probably someone like McAllister or Bobby. Maybe we should re-sign big Clint to fill that role? :p

kolokloko

I would personally give it to JMT

charEXE

I hope it will be Ribeiro but i think it will be Oakley