• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cliff Hill Training Ground Tour

berniesworld

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the forum already but I was lucky enough to attend the third tour of the training ground a couple of Sundays ago. I donated towards a “brick” so it was nice to see it in it’s pride of place on the wall upstairs.

It’s well worth a visit and it’s free, you just have to register with the club to attend.

The chap showing us around said the tours will be on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings at least up until the end of the year

You really get that feeling of how far we have come after all those years of using the dilapidated old pavilion that stood there for years.

I’ve just put a couple of photos below to give a taster……..

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3060.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh dear Guzz will not be happy.

Mid Devon Grecian

Not sure if it’s been mentioned on the forum already but I was lucky enough to attend the third tour of the training ground a couple of Sundays ago. I donated towards a “brick” so it was nice to see it in it’s pride of place on the wall upstairs.

It’s well worth a visit and it’s free, you just have to register with the club to attend.

The chap showing us around said the tours will be on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings at least up until the end of the year

You really get that feeling of how far we have come after all those years of using the dilapidated old pavilion that stood there for years.

View attachment 12718

View attachment 12719

View attachment 12720
Nice to see Moxey on the wall, if it wasn’t for that goal………

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

View attachment 12718

View attachment 12719

View attachment 12720
Those porta cabins are now looking very tatty! Personally I would like to see those replaced and spend some of the new money on getting those replaced asap

berniesworld

Those porta cabins are now looking very tatty! Personally I would like to see those replaced and spend some of the new money on getting those replaced asap
On the tour we were informed that there will be a second phase of development to replace them in the future 👍🏻

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the tour we were informed that there will be a second phase of development to replace them in the future 👍🏻
I would like it to be the near future rather than the long term future

berniesworld

Here’s the best information link

Bridgy 81

I had a really enjoyable morning on a guided tour of the training ground complex.
We started off in the gym and were able to have a chat with Harry Lee who was in there having an early Sunday morning workout.
We saw all the other parts of the building e.g. changing, physio and kit rooms on the ground floor, offices (including the boss’s), classrooms, meeting rooms and canteen on the first floor.
Also when were being shown where the various academy coaches are based Arran Pugh came in so we were able to have a conversation with him too.
Although I’m sure all the Guides are good we were fortunate to have Martin Weiler as ours this morning.
As always he was very knowledgeable and very pleasant company and the bits he told us about the early history of the training ground were fascinating and new to me.
I rounded my morning off by wandering down to the 3G pitch to watch a little of the U13s friendly against a local club called Broadmeadow (I think).
In the time I was there City’s #9 scored a nice goal, perhaps a bit too early for him to lead the line against Wigan next week though I suppose.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would like you opinion of the fare on offer for the players in the canteen Bridgy 😁
I bet a good old fry up is off the menu 😎

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like it to be the near future rather than the long term future
As long as they replace the faded seats at SJP first!