• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cleavdon PSF matchday thread

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
RaWZ just text me, it said "Noble = Quality"

ecfccal

RaWZ just text me, it said "Noble = Quality"
Glad to hear that could be the person to step up and stand out this year :)

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glad to hear that could be the person to step up and stand out this year :)
Finally i think i will get to change my status below my Avatar! wahey!

ecfccal

Finally i think i will get to change my status below my Avatar! wahey!
true him dunne and harley could build up a solid midfield

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Nice to hear Cureton score , the lad is a tidy goalscorer.

Noble , not suprised.

andrew p long

true him dunne and harley could build up a solid midfield
but only after Liam Sercombe has left for half a million quid

ecfccal

Hope not
Liam is one of our best midfielders if not the best i was just thinking more in the middle of the park

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a down payment and the other £500,000 after 25 games, and then maybe, but only maybe. I.M.O He could well be best bit of talent city have had certainly since buster, and maybe even since Beer, and we shouldn't even think of him being sold cheaply, what did Leeds get for that kid they sold to Villa? Samish money sounds about right, rant over!!

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
What was JN31's "cheeky" goal like?
The keeper rolled the ball out to kick, JN31 got there first and took it round him to tap in :D

Antony Moxey

Thoroughly enjoyable game tonight, and after watching the two different teams in each half Tis will have a tricky job of who to leave out of his starting 11.

Of the new boys, it was good to see Heath and Thomson staying out on their respecive touchlines for the first half, and difficult to remember seeing so many crosses!! Nardiello looked eager and Noble - the big bugger - looked cool, calm and confident sat in front of the back three. I missed Nardiello's goal as I turned to speak to RAWZ, so if anyone cares to describe it, it would be much appreciated.

Nice to have a chat with Tis at half time, who said we're so far ahead and so much better prepared than we were this time last season, and who also looked and sounded genuinely excited about the coming season. Plus he's still on the lookout for another striker.

Whether that's Jamie Cureton or not who can tell. Funny, I didn't think he looked all that in the second half, but I guess playing him and Watson together probably isn't the best idea, as between them they're probably still shorter than Logie. However, Cureton hit the post and scored a neat header at the far post despite being the meat in a very squashed centre half sandwich so we'll have to wait and see. Not entirely convinced meself just yet, but there's plenty of time.

Norwood's goal was a cracker. The keeper somehow contrived to roll the ball out of the area to launch it downfield only to find himself rolling it straight to Norwood's feet who simply sidefooted it round him and donked it into an empty net from the edge of the box. He looked fast too, both him and Watson, properly fast.

Other than that it's as you were with the rest of the team, although Troy was sat in the stands and didn't play, neither did any of the nippers, apart from a very capable looking Jack Furzer in the middle of the back three.

So an easy win in the end, in absolutely dreadful conditions, and after a seemingly endless wait since the World Cup final way back on Sunday, it was good to get back to proper footy again. With a decent side too.