• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Classic Argyle on Youtube

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTtjPwCYLM

'No time for losers etc etc....'

Just hilarious.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still amazed that the fans swallowed that. Sportsmanship extends as far as congratulating the other team, possibly if Argyle had been mid-table then play the song, but not on the day that they were relegated. If City did that it would leave a very bad taste for a very long time.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who's said it has been accepted, many many greens are very peed off about it.

Me, I went on the pitch at the end, shook hands with several Geordies and wished them the best of luck.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like it when the tannoy man announces 'We have to congratulate Newcastle United' and then you hear some desperate Janner in the background shout 'NO WE DON'T!' :(

Priceless.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who's said it has been accepted, many many greens are very peed off about it.

Me, I went on the pitch at the end, shook hands with several Geordies and wished them the best of luck.
The brief look at the comments on the video seemed to be quite positive. I think that congratulating the Toon fans is a decent thing to do, it's the sodding music that is just unfathomable.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The brief look at the comments on the video seemed to be quite positive. I think that congratulating the Toon fans is a decent thing to do, it's the sodding music that is just unfathomable.
Agreed.

Remember the year that Macclesfield Town won promotion to what was then Division 2 on the last day of the season at SJP? I was one of the many who invaded the pitch from the old cowshed, stormed towards the away end and proceeded to shake hands with the travelling support...great scenes.

The difference was, we weren't relegated on the same day, and we certainly didn't play any celebratory music for them :)

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair play to the Args, they even played 'Blaydon Races' for the champions.

If the match had been at Newcastle instead, I'm sure they would have played 'Going up Camborne Hill, coming down', to honour Argoyle's relegation.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The relaxed attitude towards the GAWs relegation from the club does signify it's lack of 'shock' to them though - I think they, rightly, just saw it as inevitable that they would end up back in the lower leagues, where they belong.

it was probably the first time argyle fans had heard that song :D

Archie Green

it was probably the first time argyle fans had heard that song :D
Twice in the last 8 years
Have you w*nkers ever heard it??.... Thought not