• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City's Defence / Get Rid

ecfc4life

It really annoyes me the way city play it around at the back. Thats 2 mistakes in the last 2 away games now from defensive errors. They try being to clever by doing all this one, twos along the back line, for me it dosent work.

Re: City's Defence.

they need to learn how to defend!!

to many mistakes costing us

lancsgrecian

if its good enough for Terry and Carson...

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

For me it's a confidence thing, and the mistakes that have been happening of late are indicative of the way that we have been playing as a team. I am more than confident that we can and will improve with the added confidence that a win will give us.

Last edited:

Jim Shepherd

We have suffered since the mauling by Chesterfield.
Even after the goal yesterday there were one or two miscommunications amongst the defenders.
I like the fact we are trying to play keep ball alot more. But it does, of course, have to be at the right time.
I also don't think this, and last week's, goals were down to this. Just 2 howling backpasses.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Get rid....

Im all for Perryman coming out and saying City are going to play from the back...

But the amount of goals weve conceaded in recent times from overplaying there is costing us big time.

Midfield and further foward is when to pass it , i might be old school but id rather see the f*cking thing cleared.

Discuss.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: F*cking get rid....

Decision making needs some work.When & when not to play that pass.

Phil Sayers

Entirely depends on the circumstances. Certainly what has been costing us is not getting rid when there is pressure on and passing it could result in losing the ball in a dangerous position. Equally though there is no point in smashing it long when we have the time to safely play from the back.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

I dont mean long ball tactics , thats not the way anyone wants to watch football , but defenders should be defenders first and worry about being footballers next IMO.

If they have time fine , if teams like they have been of late have worked out we like to play across the back , get it foward into midfield early and let them deal with it.

Danny's back pass yesterday sold Jonesy right down the river , what made it worse is that Danny didnt even look before playing it.

ECFC TOM

A football player should know when to get rid. Its common sense IMO.