• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Swindon Matchday Thread.

Grecianpasty

It's been a long time since we've started a game on the front foot at home. I'm expecting one tonight!

David Treharne

It's always difficult to be certain about the weather so far ahead of the game this evening, but at the moment it's 10c (apparently!) but certainly feels colder in a gusty SSE wind that is naggingly cold. It looks as though it may not be as windy by kick off, and although there's 100% grey cloud cover there are flecks of rain in the wind. We've had no rain in the last 24 hours, but that could change later this afternoon. The pitch looks in excellent condition, so let's hope that the team can get the ball onto the ground and play some football! A difficult one to predict. An update around 18:00.

CWH-NYC_

Big game, big crowd, floodlights along with a pie and a pint. I’ll make do with IFollow and 3 points, please!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard fought 1-0 win tonight with the ex Swindon old Boy Sweeney putting it in the onion bag in the 85th minute. 5,995 punters go home happy

rustle

5,995 punters go home happy
Don't care how it's done, I want to be one of those 👍😄

Eytan2

Mate and I driven down 3 hours from London for the game, been to a few away games but it’s our first Exeter home game. Praying for 3 points and a good game 🙏

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Vic Morgan and Kirky are the commentary team.l tonight.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mate and I driven down 3 hours from London for the game, been to a few away games but it’s our first Exeter home game. Praying for 3 points and a good game 🙏
If 🙏 we win can you stay over to Saturday as lucky home mascots ?
UTC

David Treharne

Currently 9c, but feeling colder. The wind is still SSE, but looking likely to turn to S during the course of the evening. The predicted rain appeared (as if on cue) in the last couple of hours and it's turned from an intermittently sunny afternoon into a grey gloom. The floodlights have just come on at SJP and it'll be a murky evening. I hope it'll encourage the kind of flowing football that City can play, when disposed to, and that we don't have to suffer prolonged period of head tennis. However I agree with Rustle in post #15. Contemplating my first beer of the evening.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Currently 9c, but feeling colder. The wind is still SSE, but looking likely to turn to S during the course of the evening. The predicted rain appeared (as if on cue) in the last couple of hours and it's turned from an intermittently sunny afternoon into a grey gloom. The floodlights have just come on at SJP and it'll be a murky evening. I hope it'll encourage the kind of flowing football that City can play, when disposed to, and that we don't have to suffer prolonged period of head tennis. However I agree with Rustle in post #15. Contemplating my first beer of the evening.
Don't contemplate too long - you know you deserve at least 1 !
UTC