• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Scarborough - 26 November 1994

dontpassback

Pity there is no sound as it would have been very memorable to hear the man who ran the tea hut blowing his 'trumpet', or whatever it was he made the noise with!
I think it was a hunting horn of some sort,but it was quite effective!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some great goals in that game. I don't remember it but may well have been there. So glad we didn't move to Exeter Arena. I hate football grounds with a running track around them.
Don Valley

denzel

Don Valley
Yes, that was a good memory. Much better than the Withdean!

Athelstan

I remember this match against Scarborough well - Stuart Storer's fine fifth goal for City, Andy Woodman getting sent off for punching David D'Auria and the stadium announcer running through the names of the Scarborough team followed by the names of the three Scarborough fans who had turned up in time for kick-off.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was this the same season woodman got sent off in the fa cup?

Rosencrantz

Was this the same season woodman got sent off in the fa cup?
Yes. Sent off the very next game when we were one up and lost 2-1. Ended up with Ross Bellotti in goal at Bury who kept a clean sheet and then Mike Barrett drafted in from Crediton for three games where we didn't ☹.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. Sent off the very next game when we were one up and lost 2-1. Ended up with Ross Bellotti in goal at Bury who kept a clean sheet and then Mike Barrett drafted in from Crediton for three games where we didn't ☹.
From memory, he was sent off for handling the ball after he fell over when rushing out of the box. It was hugely frustrating at the time because we desperately needed a cup run to boost our finances.

Rosencrantz

From memory, he was sent off for handling the ball after he fell over when rushing out of the box. It was hugely frustrating at the time because we desperately needed a cup run to boost our finances.
Yes, he tried to dribble around the striker 25 yards out, got tackled and fell on the ball like it was a live grenade in an orphanage. They equalised from the free kick as well I think.

arthur

Let us not forget the stellar but all too brief career of Neil Gosney

Rosencrantz

Let us not forget the stellar but all too brief career of Neil Gosney
Don't want be too 🤓, but Andy Gosney 😉.

One of the more bizarre City careers that was of course, sadly for Andy, ended that afternoon.