• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Lincoln build up thread.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
And Matt Taylor :mad:
Why the angry emoji art ?

arthur

Because Tisdale playing Taylor up front made me angry

Alistair20000

Because Tisdale playing Taylor up front made me angry
Did the Cheese do that ?

My recollection is of KMT coming up from defence and banging in powerful headers from corners

Colesman Ballz

Did the Cheese do that ?

My recollection is of KMT coming up from defence and banging in powerful headers from corners
Late in matches where we were behind, Cheese did sometimes push KMT forwards as a central attacker.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Late in matches where we were behind, Cheese did sometimes push KMT forwards as a central attacker.
He also did the same with Scot Bennett.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
He also did the same with Scot Bennett.
He did and worked a few times one in particular I remember when Scot scored a really good goal

Rosencrantz

Scot is a pretty decent finisher and whilst you definitely wouldn't want him up front permanently, that display against the gargs was one of the better centre forward displays you could wish to see. The late goal was the cherry on the cake.

Whilst we still have the option of throwing a big lad up late in the game, the thought of going long ball with the players we have is pretty grim. Just get on the ball, look to pass forward with intent through the lines, create overloads and one on ones. It was what we were doing.

Last edited:

Max Payne 2

This has got City 0-1 Lincoln all over it.

Max Payne 2

Exeter through and through until Peterborough or Swansea etc, offer him double his wage…
Let's face it, wages are not a thing City can be competitive on. Where we've been successful is where we've made being at City a 'win-win' by providing an opportunity, or a sense of community and purpose.

milts

I would go 442

Sinisalo
Aimson Sweeney Diabate Jules
Mitchell Cole Kite Harper
Aitchison Wildschutt

Radical..... But the current system ain't working
I wouldn’t hold out any hope of that team beating Yeovil in the conference south.