• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Grimsby predictions and Chat

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, a total sell out by our fans of over 5000 so it should be a great atmosphere as I understand that they have sold out too!! I'm heading down tomorrow and staying at my brothers in Surrey then we're coming down for the game on Saturday and staying overnight. I won't make any forecasts as we've been rather unpredictable this season but hopefully it'll be a decent game and the best team on the day will win.

See you all Saturday.
Obviously wish you the best of luck and a fun trip. A good performance representing Div 2 would be nice
Should be a nice little earner, too.
Hope we get a good crowd for our match on Saturday. We're in good form, Les, probably better than Chelsea 😊.
Cheers

Avening Posse

Grimsby seem to blow hot and cold this season, one game they will score a few and then lose the next one. I'll settle for them getting a big pay day and the glory of beating the prem side 5-0, but being completely knackered and we stuff them at the park !!

Ashford Grecian

A nice finish to the month with a hard thought 2-1 win

Stelios

Hope Grimsby travelling to Chelsea mid-week doesn't put a dent in the numbers coming to SJP. They brought a decent crowd last year considering the distance and made a good noise.

ryancooper327

Hope Grimsby travelling to Chelsea mid-week doesn't put a dent in the numbers coming to SJP. They brought a decent crowd last year considering the distance and made a good noise.
That bloody annoying game where the ball just would not go in. Still, was an exciting game so left somewhat happy.

les.gtfc

That bloody annoying game where the ball just would not go in. Still, was an exciting game so left somewhat happy.
It did go in! Just the once though whereas we found the net twice. A similar display by our keeper would be good again.

Grecian2K

Best bring your wellies and umbrella Les. Looks like summers over, even down here in sunny Devon! :(

exeter-loyal

It did go in! Just the once though whereas we found the net twice. A similar display by our keeper would be good again.
How we didn't draw or even win on that day I don't know. Your keeper was unreal we did everything but score again. And it was never a pen for your second in my opinion, very soft!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How we didn't draw or even win on that day I don't know. Your keeper was unreal we did everything but score again. And it was never a pen for your second in my opinion, very soft!
It was 'cos the ref gave it.

Just had a review of the match last season forgot it had everything - goal disallowed, straight red sending off, (soft) penalty, goalkeeping display of the decade and even when we did beat the goalkeeper there were defenders to block it. What a match, and it could be said that match cost us the playoffs (along with Macclesfield home and away Foreat Green etc etc )

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best bring your wellies and umbrella Les. Looks like summers over, even down here in sunny Devon! :(
Blustery showers rather than heavy rain forecast for Saturday (though this can of course change). So I'd plan to leave the umbrella and wear a hooded cagoule. In any case, with our lovely new covered terrace, you'll be snug as bugs in rugs. Or sit at the back of the stand...