• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City V Chiefs V Trust V Outside Money etc

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
no, he might not be the devil incarnate, but he is hardly doing us any favours. Now, once again, I will point it out, but we were in a much better state of affairs when we weren't paying for CEO's, chairmen, etc. That was only 4 years ago, but some people got greedy when we got to 8th in the league and some people got too big for their boots.

There was some bad decisions made, including continuing with Carbrini, if a company is not making a good quality of product, then you have every right to terminate the contract early, once you have found an alternative supplier.

Same as the recent incident with the big screen in hospitality being broken by a contractor and the club asking the supporters club for the money to get a new one, you don't need to be Einstein to know that you take the cost of the damage off the contractors invoice, as there are CCTV running constantly, then they would have had the proof to back up such a thing.

Then there was the incident when Pete Martin suggested getting Waitrose involved and that was pushed aside, as they didn't want to upset Co-Op. If football clubs up and down the country started using that strategy then they would be truly in the cr@p. Any business will understand that if they do a sponsorship, then there's a chance a competitor could come in, it's all about negotiating skills, you either negotiate to have both on board or you try to get a better deal from the new company.

Too many things are not being done properly. I'm by no means, stupid and the way I see it is, if it's bleeding obvious to me, then why isn't it obvious to those in charge!!!
Your penultimate paragraph makes my point far better than I could.

The club did have a conversation with Waitrose / John Lewis – I know this for a fact because I had a conversation with Norrie about it. At the same time, Pete suggested via the BoS's email list that it might be worth the club talking to Waitrose /John Lewis and that he would be happy to undertake this, prompting an email from Jay – for which, I believe he later apologised – suggesting this was a delicate area best left to the club.

Whatever, the point is, this had absolutely nothing to do with Taggy yet here you are citing it, I assume, as an example of his failings.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your penultimate paragraph makes my point far better than I could.

The club did have a conversation with Waitrose / John Lewis – I know this for a fact because I had a conversation with Norrie about it. At the same time, Pete suggested via the BoS's email list that it might be worth the club talking to Waitrose /John Lewis and that he would be happy to undertake this, prompting an email from Jay – for which, I believe he later apologised – suggesting this was a delicate area best left to the club.

Whatever, the point is, this had absolutely nothing to do with Taggy yet here you are citing it, I assume, as an example of his failings.
I am not citing it, there are plenty to blame, and I am pointing out that Tagg has a lot to answer for. When you have your fingers in as many pies as he has, and you claim to love the club as much as he does, then wouldn't you want to help them by not making up new job roles, or doing a job you know you have no knowledge of.

Don't even get me started on Jay Milling.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
And where will that money come from, considering we don't have a pot to wee in. Nor do I doubt it would be a reasonable price as they would want to ensure as much cash is put back in their pockets, as they will be losing out on their annual £42k pa.
Shabba,

see my post no. 45 above.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
The more you know, the less you want to know!
Is ECFC all over. Once you start digging, you wish you hadn't but you can never really go back.

Question for Rightwing: How will OTR involvement affect, if at all, redevelopment of SJP?

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is ECFC all over. Once you start digging, you wish you hadn't but you can never really go back.

Question for Rightwing: How will OTR involvement affect, if at all, redevelopment of SJP?
Fever, I would anticipate the St. James' Centre being an up front purchase at the start of any redevelopment scheme, be it Plan B or any watered down version of Plan A that Chorlton and Co. may eventually come up with. For Plan B the site would be needed to house the moved Bastin Stand, whilst for Plan A it was originally intended pricipally for a new hospitality area with student accommodation at a higher level.

The Centre would be bought through up front funding from the enabling scheme.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fever, I would anticipate the St. James' Centre being an up front purchase at the start of any redevelopment scheme, be it Plan B or any watered down version of Plan A that Chorlton and Co. may eventually come up with. For Plan B the site would be needed to house the moved Bastin Stand, whilst for Plan A it was originally intended pricipally for a new hospitality area with student accommodation at a higher level.

The Centre would be bought through up front funding from the enabling scheme.
I guess my point was as to whether it could be a stumbling block to redevelopment going ahead should the club situation change re: (1) the price or (2) the leverage it might give OTR over redevelopment. Perhaps I'm being too cynical.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess my point was as to whether it could be a stumbling block to redevelopment going ahead should the club situation change re: (1) the price or (2) the leverage it might give OTR over redevelopment. Perhaps I'm being too cynical.
It depends whether an option to buy at the £800k price was included in the formal lease. I pushed for it but was never told whether it was included or not.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
It depends whether an option to buy at the £800k price was included in the formal lease. I pushed for it but was never told whether it was included or not.
Thanks. Who would know out of interest? OTR and the Council?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
As the option (if any) would be between the Club and OTR, the Club and its controlling shareholder the Trust should know.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've put it on the LO Q&As thread. Maybe we will find out if it goes ahead.