• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City make a profit for the last financial year!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: City make a profit for the last financial tear!

What happens if/when we run out of good players to sell? Which could happen when Tisdale leaves.

Hmm, cheerful fellow aren't you :S

milts

Very :) na tis great news, just a niggle in the back of my mind :s

MattyD

If we had an average attendance of 4939 in 2008/09 and played 23 league games, assuming everyone paid £20 a game on their match experience, ticket, booze, programme, burger, 50:50, buckets etc This equates to £2.3m. How can we have only made £300,000 from elsewhere (player sales, sponsorship, TV, Prize money etc)?

Appreciate i may have overestimated a few figures above, here to be educated.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster

There's one paragraph that DOES intrigue me particulary though:

our net liabilities have reduced to 53% to £243,978. Nett assets have increased from £303,349 to £495,757
Now call me a "financial simpleton" (my ex-missus frequently did!!) but surely having ASSETS leap-frogging liabilities by respective 6-figure sums is surely even better news????

Perhaps one of our £££-gurus (Lammie?) could expand on the good (or bad) aspects of this.

Last edited:

Poultice

Now call me a "financial simpleton"
Duh !

You're a......................or at least anybody reading this report and then running around with their knickers on their heads are.

Three things leap to mind :-

1. Without windfall income we should have lost £680,000.
2. The playing budget has doubled this year (c. Norrie)
3. The cost of the commercial dept. is up 60%.

Unless we sell someone for big money in the window I am concerned our spiralling non playing costs could become a major brake on our aspirations.

STURTZ

Would dispute the windfall thing, I'd always expect us to have to sell to maintain our position, it's no windfall it's the result of good work by the club.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster

Duh !

You're a......................or at least anybody reading this report and then running around with their knickers on their heads are.

Three things leap to mind :-

1. Without windfall income we should have lost £680,000.
2. The playing budget has doubled this year (c. Norrie)
3. The cost of the commercial dept. is up 60%.

Unless we sell someone for big money in the window I am concerned our spiralling non playing costs could become a major brake on our aspirations.
Would I be right in thinking that the cost of the commercial dept and the playing budget are covered within "Cost of Sales"?

grecianfaniow

Great! Why dont we give some to Argyle! ^o)
Are you MAD! thats like a dog chewed my arm to bits but thats ok ill give him a f*cking biscuit??

Poultice

Would I be right in thinking that the cost of the commercial dept and the playing budget are covered within "Cost of Sales"?
As an overall figure I would guess so although the Commercial dept costs probably also feature as an administrative expense which is shown separately as having risen quite dramatically from 2009 to 2010.

MattyD

Would dispute the windfall thing, I'd always expect us to have to sell to maintain our position, it's no windfall it's the result of good work by the club.
Shouldn't budget for it though Sturtz. We could easily go 12 months without selling anyone.