• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City foundation meeting

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
We already do family tickets for one adult and kids.
Anyway this thread isn't about who we can get to come to games. It's about the Foundation, so please stay on topic.
Thank you.

Parklife

How about single parent families.............MK Dons have done a bomb in this market. Cheap activity for a mum and two kids?

UTC

TVR
What documentation do you need to prove you're a single parent?

And lets not forget the single parent Dads. In fact, market it at footiematch.com and you've got dating opportunities.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we make it footypitch.com we have a new lottery........

Rog H K

If we make it footypitch.com we have a new lottery........
*-)
:-#
O.M.G. Shhhhhhhh! Poults will have a field day now!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Been away from the site for a while and just caught up with this, some interesting points.

I'd like to make a couple and see how they go down

1. I agree pretty much with what Roger HK has been saying, the foundation should probably close as it is costing the club money. As fans we all want the club to make money, not lose, and yes f*ck-ups have been made but I genuinely believe Martin when he says that its only recently that its made a loss and maybe my 'source' that has said our finances are worse than we're hearing is on the money with this....hence the decision to cut down on any loss-making scenarios including the foundation, and the subsequent hullabulloo

2. Season ticket freeze was probably not a bad idea to start with, who would have thought that (what were we midtable conference being beaten by Canvey Island) that we would be a league one club soon holding our own and beating dirty leeds and charlton and sheff weds. £10 a month is a lot of money to **** away and Paul Morrish would have known that a significant carrot on a string would need to be offered, it was a catastrophe because that carrot was only tasty enough to 250 odd members, and not ten times that amount.

3. This isn't the first, or even the biggest c*ck-up from the commercial department in my opinion, there are bigger fish to fry. I'll keep telling anyone who'll listen, we must, must, must restart family fundays in the summer, selling shirts, photos with the players etc. We must start putting on trust events, we must bring back the trust bucket, we must regain ownership of our own club shop and plug our own stuff, we must get a proper kit manufacturer and sell womens and childrens kits which I believe have been left wanting, we must promote seasonal things like the sticker book and stocking fillers - we have one of the best programmes in the football league and we never advertise our own merchandise - whats up with that? We must plug buy.at as money for nothing. Do all this, redo the books and see where the trust lies, I'd venture significantly better off. We must do better all round

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
^^ Can't complain with any of that. Oh, and surely it's not too difficult to find a way for an exiled fan to buy an occasional programme online is it? ...

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
^^ Can't complain with any of that. Oh, and surely it's not too difficult to find a way for an exiled fan to buy an occasional programme online is it? ...
Another good point Rae, I sell loads of my old programmes on ebay for a quid, which is good for my tea and biscuits fund, but not good for the club when they fail to sell old programmes in the club. Most grounds sell old programmes in a particular place, probably a good earner as many an away fan could well be an anorak and fancy a perusal

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Agree with what you say, David, but I was referring to programmes for current or upcoming games. At the moment, as far as I'm aware, if I want to buy a programme I have to subscribe to buying something like a seasons worth. I'm not in that income bracket but might decide I have a spare fiver or so one month and would like a programme. Every little helps...

plain capers

Agree with what you say, David, but I was referring to programmes for current or upcoming games. At the moment, as far as I'm aware, if I want to buy a programme I have to subscribe to buying something like a seasons worth. I'm not in that income bracket but might decide I have a spare fiver or so one month and would like a programme. Every little helps...
Mike Cooper, on reception, sends out a number of programmes for every match to people who ask for them. It is usually to fans of the visitors, but there is no problem for anyone, so long as you enclose the £3 for the programme and if you feel generous a little extra for the postage.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I always thought one of the biggest problems it faced was it was again targetting the same small core crowd as it's audience. The same season ticket holders, the same regulars. I know I certainly don't want yet another direct debit coming out my account with the ever increasing costs of living. Season ticket price freeze or not.

We need to find ways to increase money and develop schemes that interest and involve not just the core ECFC support.
Good post. The Club can't continue to grasp loyal supporters, turn them upside down and shake them until money drops out of their pockets. We need schemes that will attract people in the Exeter area who may not even be football fans.