• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans on train making headlines in Devon live

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let me get this right , If I am involved in a fight or hurl abuse with someone from another club even if it is nothing to do with the club (lets say on a non match day for instance) I can be banned from attending home matches because I happen to be a City fan ? Don't be ridiculous !
You'll have to ban 3/4 of the Big Bank and 1/3 of each of the Stanno / Doble stands , Me included for calling Brett a fat f*cker.

I realise some people have led sheltered lives and get offended with not enough "likes" on the colour of their new nails on facebook/twatter etc but some really do need to grow up before they grow into miserable old barstewards.

Hants is right fella. Been that way for as long as I've been a City fan. Though they don't tend to ban for incidents of swearing anything considered ASB is often banned by the club. Similar to nightclubs etc.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think you can kick them out of the club if the incident was outside the ground as its not football related.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
A bit of a difference between shouting stuff at Huxtable and abusing and swearing at a woman on a train. Sounds like you almost approve of it.
Abuse is abuse at any location surely ? Do you think the abuse aimed at Brett for pretty much 90 minutes is any different than some woman on a train for what could have only been a fraction of the time or she would have moved carriages like any person who didnt want to listen to it.

I personally don't approve of abuse to anyone who isnt big enough or ugly enough to stand up for themselves.

Boyo

Abuse is abuse at any location surely ? Do you think the abuse aimed at Brett for pretty much 90 minutes is any different than some woman on a train for what could have only been a fraction of the time or she would have moved carriages like any person who didnt want to listen to it.

I personally don't approve of abuse to anyone who isnt big enough or ugly enough to stand up for themselves.
The woman said: "I was frightened and nervous for my safety." Clearly, these people have crossed the line.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't say they weren't City fans. I said whether they were or not was irrelevant. I said that they weren't welcome.
My mistake. Trapdoor said they weren't City fans. So yes, whether they're passionate about City is relevant if it is to be asserted they are not City fans. I wasn't condoning what they're alleged to have done, I was asking how the poster knew they weren't City fans.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think these people should be described as "rail passengers" and ought to be banned from trains.

i8cornwall

I don't think you can kick them out of the club if the incident was outside the ground as its not football related.
If they wanted to the club could ban anyone from home games for what ever reason they saw fit to as SJP is private property, away games is a different story.

Thankfully city aren't like that and from what I've found only use bans as a last resort or for the most severe things.

It's not within the club's interest to ban people anyway and most times I've found it just shifts the problem to somewhere else.

REDMIKE

I think these people should be described as "rail passengers" and ought to be banned from trains.
This should be easy for the police or the club to sort out as all trains are covered by CCTV

Trapdoor

My mistake. Trapdoor said they weren't City fans.
No. I said they were not REAL city fans, learn to read. they clearly dont hold the clubs values and ethos to heart and have done something so disgusting that they should not be associated with the club.

StudentGrecian

Seems to be a current trend in wider football that these problems are on the rise again. Not sure if it's because we've been locked away for a couple years without 'away days', but it's clearly indefensible stuff.

Obviously it's nowhere near the levels we've seen in the past, but it doesn't make it acceptable and needs nipping in the bud.