• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Sutton leaves Lincoln

mole221

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/lincoln_city/9043871.stm

Chris Sutton's left Lincoln due to personal reasons with his assistant manager following him out, no news on who's likely to take over next, but I'm sure that the usual names for that kind of level (Jimmy Quinn) etc will be banded about.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a sh*t job he did as well. 24% win ratio I think I saw. They were a decent team a few years ago but it's all gone wrong.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
gotta be tempting for tis, what with lincoln's great passing teams of the past;)

les.gtfc

It appears that Lincoln are going the same way as us. Around the same stage last season we sacked Mike Newell (another former Blackburn striker) and ended up plunging into the depths of The Conference.

Also, exactly 100 years ago when we last lost our league status we regained it the following season, at the expense of Lincoln. Would be great if history was to repeat itself.