• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Allen

Exe_ok

From todays Wiltshire times..

Devizes-born midfielder Chris Allen says it is a massive incentive to get the chance to play against Swindon Town after impressing in pre-season for Exeter City.

The 20-year-old was released by the Wiltshire club at the end of last season and was immediately invited to train with the Grecians by boss and long-term admirer Paul Tisdale.

Allen starred in the club’s recent friendly against Weston-super-Mare, in which he scored a penalty, and expects to find out next week if he has done enough to earn a full-time deal in Devon.

“I don’t feel like I’ve got a point to prove to them,” he said.

“But when you’ve been released by any club the chance to play against them is a massive incentive to show you think they’ve made a mistake.”

Allen was contacted by Tisdale, 36, before his release by Swindon after catching the eye in reserve games against Exeter.

The young playmaker says he admires the club’s approach to the game and feels they will suit his style of play.

“They like to play the game the right way and play the ball out from defence,” said Allen. “I could see that just from 45 minutes of a friendly.

“They play an attractive style and that suits my game.

“At Swindon they tended to play balls long or into the channels.

“League One is a tough league but I’d like to think Exeter can be successful.

“They’ve got players who can mix it and be physical as well so they’re not just a pretty passing side.”

Allen had also received interest from League Two’s Aldershot Town but has no doubts where he wants to be playing next season.

“I’m kind of putting all my eggs in one basket with Exeter,” he said.

“It’s a really good opportunity and I’m keen to show commitment and loyalty to them.”

He's certainly saying the right things to get offered a contract!

hienzeECFC

i've now seen two of your posts and i like them both. lol.

Can someone put the aldershot quote up on their exeweb equivilent, i think they still see us as their rivals, haha.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any chance of a link?

Majago

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Exe_ok

i've now seen two of your posts and i like them both. lol.
Can someone put the aldershot quote up on their exeweb equivilent, i think they still see us as their rivals, haha.
Cheers, I glad you like them! I'll try to bring you some more exclusives soon...

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I haven't heard he's signed yet- any news on Chris Allen?

Red Monster

He wasn't involved in our last couple of games or in the squad team photo this week.

Saint James

I would be amazed if Tiz were to sign him on given the arrivals of Burnell, Dunne, Golbourne and Duffy who all can play in midfield - and that's before you consider the other half dozen who played last season in midfield! Not sure he would fit into the category of development player at 20 either.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yesterday's programme suggested that Chris Allen is #17 this season. :S