• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chiefs vs Bristol: Championship Playoff Final

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just checked
Average Lg1 Attendance 09/10: 9141, highest 27,000 at Charlton
Average GP Attendance 09/10 : 13,790, highest 69,000 Saracens @ Wembley.
At Wembley??? What's the highest regular league attendance?

Antony Moxey

Add to that 'The Rugby Club' (a highlights/analysis show) which is on every week and which I'd guess has largeish viewing figures, and the fact ITV show Premiership highlights every week, I'd say that if they were to go up they would get a shedload more coverage than us.
Isn't there a football league show after MOTD on BBC1 plus highlights shows on Sky that include L1? And shows like Soccer AM too? There's also a regional football show on as well I believe.

It appears that the rugby Prem enjoys far more live coverage than L1, but I'm not so sure that's the case with highlights shows.

Woodsy

Well there is at least 1 Premiership game on Sky for every round of matches they have (22 weeks) and also the chance of one/some of their games in the Amlin Challenge Cup (the Europa League of European rugby) being covered. I'd hazard a guess that Leeds (this season's promoted team) have been live on tv 4 or 5 times.

Add to that 'The Rugby Club' (a highlights/analysis show) which is on every week and which I'd guess has largeish viewing figures, and the fact ITV show Premiership highlights every week, I'd say that if they were to go up they would get a shedload more coverage than us.

Agree with the rest of what you say, other than that despite tonight's showing, I think Bristol would be in a much better position to survive than The Chiefs (financially and because their stature as a club will allow them to attract a better quality of player).
On top of that TV coverage, a new deal was signed awhile back that if I remember correctly means ESPN will be showing a game a weekend as well.

Agree with your comments earlier about the Chiefs youth set. When I use to play junior rugby, they use to hand pick all the top talent in the area, so they had a large squad, of which not many where local to Exeter. Then the following season a lot of the players didn't want to comeback to play, and as they had burnt their bridges with the local players, they had to fold the team. Not sure if it is still like this though.

I'm supporting Bristol to beat the chiefs in the second leg, as Ive watched them a lot more than the chiefs, plus I can see the ground from my house.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
At Wembley??? What's the highest regular league attendance?
24,000 @ Leicester who averaged 22,910 for the season.

Antony Moxey

Agree with your comments earlier about the Chiefs youth set. When I use to play junior rugby, they use to hand pick all the top talent in the area. Not sure if it is still like this though.
It most definitely is not like that now.

Leicester City and Leicester Tigers are completely different animals and seem to go about their business fairly successfully (or very in the rugger b*ggers) case. I do concur, however, should Chiefs get promoted that some potential sponsors will look to the increased exposure at Sandy Park.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On top of that TV coverage, a new deal was signed awhile back that if I remember correctly means ESPN will be showing a game a weekend as well.
Yep, would seem to be the case - ESPN are promoting this quite heavily through their "idents". That and the FA Cup.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
yawn , that was a dire game.

Antony Moxey

Would you know a good one if you saw one?

greenawayr

Congratulations to Chiefs on promotion. Hopefully it won't affect us too bad and we can use their well built success to spur us on.

They've been clinical tonight which hasn't been the case in the past.