• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chesterfield V Exeter City Match thread

southy

McAllister and Logan up front with Bash the gap between the Midfield and front two.

Thats what I want to see....
Who is Bash the Gap ?

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
4-3-3 would be a good attacking line up and get an early goal which will kill them off with their poor current record and lack of confidence - but I hope Chesterfield don't play that way ;)

i_m

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hope to see a few of you in the Barley Mow on Saltergate before the game.
Currently in the Portland Hotel.

So hope this is better than what we were served up with on Saturday. A lot more attacking formation please Tis!

grecianfish

i think the key tonight is to get out of the blocks quickly. we have been slow to start a few games recently and if we can start well tonight, get a bit a pressure on, then I can see the Chesterfield fans turning on their team quickly.

and Tis, please bring back Macca! Given a run in the team I believe he could get quite a few goals!

UTC!

Crikey! you are there early, are you booked in for the night?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
No a draw would still be a very good result away from home tonight - leaving us just 2 points outside the playoffs.
too many draws is what cost us a higher finish to last season.with all due respect we need to start picking up some serious points and if we cant beat barnet,port vale,grimsby macclesfield and the like,were gonna miss out

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Crikey! you are there early, are you booked in for the night?
Better be! Best deal train was this early. £13 single!

Weather looks okay.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd just like to see Tis understand the difference between last Tuesdays and Saturdays matches and adjust his front line accordingly. You don't drop strikers who are scoring goals. They win you games.
as they say its not about how pretty you play the game how many chances you create,none of that matters if you cant put the ball in the back of the net

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me, this particular game is a promotion 'yardstick' for ECFC. Chesterfield are a real up and dowm at the moment, not aided by selling their best striker. As such, they are beatable by a lot of teams now. But especially by promotion-contending teams. On top of that, we have a score to settle (quite literally) after them coming down to Devon earlier in the season The players' attitude, resolve, team tactics and selection will tonight combine to show whether our season is still a goer, for Wembley or we gently slide into mid-league comfort. Sorry, that's the way I see it from experience. But don't worry. I think the worst we will do is draw.
Good post[y]n Come on City[ecfc]

Grecian Allstar

well should be easy 3 points for city tonight!! x