• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
You seem to struggle
Glance at it sometimes feel duty bound. Last time I looked some **** was arguing that Caldwell should go because he's been done for drink driving twice in the last 3 months! 😄

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aitchison - *****
Aimson - ***** and a tosser
Cole - good
Jules - good but not as great as being made out
Purrington - injured defender we don't need so can't class as good yet I'm afraid

We've had more crap signings than good which equals poor recruitment as I said.

My actual point was more that we struggle to sign players as everyone at the club has confessed to. Therefore more effort into our own is the way to go.
Aimson is a perfectly decent enough mid to lower league one centre back. Whilst he has had some poor form, the way he was scapegoated by the fans was harsh beyond the extreme

Aimson was top rated defender in L1 according to one football paper( and I think Alex was at no.5) at the end of September and then had a huge drop off in form, not helped by the boo boys. Cole, Jules and Purrington are more than adequate L1 players and as for Aitchison we are poorer when he's not on the pitch. Always gives everything, but a little lightweight and can be brushed off the ball quite easily. Aitch, Harris and Sonny were superb in second half against Bolton.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheick seemed to really enjoy the win today; I reckon if we put a new contract in front of him right now he'd sign it.

tom_ecfc

Great performance from CD today. 👍

Mid Devon Grecian

Great performance from CD today. 👍
Yes, typical CD performance. Solid, dominant in the air but just a bit off on the speed/crispness of distribution.

Mid Devon Grecian

Aimson was top rated defender in L1 according to one football paper( and I think Alex was at no.5) at the end of September and then had a huge drop off in form, not helped by the boo boys. Cole, Jules and Purrington are more than adequate L1 players and as for Aitchison we are poorer when he's not on the pitch. Always gives everything, but a little lightweight and can be brushed off the ball quite easily. Aitch, Harris and Sonny were superb in second half against Bolton.
If Aitch works on strength over close season I reckon he’ll be different gravy next year. Already a good L1 player but still only 23?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Aitch works on strength over close season I reckon he’ll be different gravy next year. Already a good L1 player but still only 23?
Think he was 24 this past week, but yeah, he's got a lot of years ahead of him in the game. It's the technique on his shots and final balls I think he needs to improve... If you could combine the best bits of Cole and Aitcheson, youd have a serious player.

Mid Devon Grecian

Think he was 24 this past week, but yeah, he's got a lot of years ahead of him in the game. It's the technique on his shots and final balls I think he needs to improve... If you could combine the best bits of Cole and Aitcheson, youd have a serious player.
Cole was another star today. Always talking, got a good temperament, just on the edge of rallying the troops/going over the top. Need characters like that.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cole was another star today. Always talking, got a good temperament, just on the edge of rallying the troops/going over the top. Need characters like that.
That's captain material there,which has already been identified by the manager earlier in the season.