• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charlton away - Sat 19th Feb

Rommagic

There are 2,121 seats we cannot use for Charlton supporters, taking into account segregation, so we could have up to 24,990 home spectators.

sirhc

I live in London now. Called up Charlton about 2pm today and asked if they had any away tickets to sell so I could get them on Friday and avoid the queue. Woman said there were approx 1000 left down in Exeter, but none to sell to away fans in London until Saturday, so I can't get tickets up here in advance.

If we were allocated 1,700 then it means we've sold about 700 in advance. If a lot of people are coming up without tickets, plus all the Exiles who haven't bought them yet, it could mean long queues again. I'll be getting there very early to avoid any hassle.

As others have said, easy to jump on a train at Waterloo East, but if you really want to do it in style then take the Thames Clipper down the river.

http://www.thamesclippers.com/

Buy a travelcard from Waterloo so you can get the discount when you buy the river ticket. Then it's a five minute walk to Embankment Pier. Boats go about every 20 minutes. Spend about 40 minutes floating all the way down to Greenwich for the princely additional sum of £3.70. Get a cheeky bottle of rum beforehand and you can pretend you're a pirate.

From there you can get the 177 or 180 bus straight down to The Valley or get the train from Greenwich to Charlton. Much more memorable day doing it that way. The sightseeing on the train isn't half as good.

I'm in the same boat as you. A bit annoying for exiles. Will be getting there before 2 on Saturday....

sirhc

I was told your club was only given 700 tickets don't know how Many sold now? Try and find out some one.Yeah 1,700 home tickets sold by 8pm tonight maybe the same tomorrow.Say 3000 want tickets on the day that won't give your club 1,700.
I don't think your figures are right there. You have to give away fans more than 700, and there will be around 1,000 of us there.

Gin Trap

im predicting alot of pay on the day puchases from city fans, alot ive spoken to are just paying on the day, like sirhc i think there will be round 1000 -1000+ grecians there.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had 1,100 fans there last season and it was full price. Methinks it will be similar or perhaps a bit more but im sure Charlton like many clubs have done in the past underestimate our away support.

We dont come in a taxi you know! ;)

axred

We had 1,100 fans there last season and it was full price. Methinks it will be similar or perhaps a bit more but im sure Charlton like many clubs have done in the past underestimate our away support.

We dont come in a taxi you know! ;)
Yes agree , and just 635 from Charlton at our place earlier in the season on a saturday , hold your heads in shame

Jaffacake

I'm in the same boat as you. A bit annoying for exiles. Will be getting there before 2 on Saturday....
Same thing will happen again like last year, Charlton will expect 500 fans and double or even triple will turn up. I almost missed the start queuing last season and that was £25 a ticket!

There's 4 of us going, i'm going to get to the ground early see if I can buy my tickets around 12pm, then head back to Greenwich for a few beers, it's only 10 mins on the train.

Looking forward to this one!

cuzman1977

I feel a good chant coming on....

"We brought more than your lot did".

And saying that to a club like Charlton is quite something.

Still, even if we had the room we would have probably still sang that to Leeds as well, as well as many other "so-called" big clubs.

Last edited:

BergenKris

11 Norgers coming over for the game.
No Bradley WP to spoil the fun please!

ronniej

11 Norgers coming over for the game.
No Bradley WP to spoil the fun please!
Great effort up the city.