• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity Match for Cancer Research

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Does anyone know of any football clubs that may keep their goals up over the summer and have bar/refreshment facilities for our final.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Does anyone know of any football clubs that may keep their goals up over the summer and have bar/refreshment facilities for our final.
What about Clyst Valley... pretty sure theirs are up all year round?

exeter4eva

Thought we were considering Exmouth?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought we were considering Exmouth?
Be sure that apart from the goals being in place, that the pitch is marked out as well. If thats not done, there'll be very little evidence of pitch markings left by June 18th.

I suspect that since Exmouth was Andrea's preferred choice of venue that they'll do it specially, since Adam was affectionately regarded there as well as everywhere else.

PeteUSA

Thought I'd bump this up, since it appears a venue and date has yet to be decided.

citysfinest

Thought I'd bump this up, since it appears a venue and date has yet to be decided.
Thank you.

Unfortunately Exmouth Town FC and Exeter Civil Service both will be reseeding the pitch. They also both said it would be very difficult to find somewhere. Will try more today though, just off abroad in a few days and got only 6 players for the final so far so could be interesting :-/

PeteUSA

Thank you.

Unfortunately Exmouth Town FC and Exeter Civil Service both will be reseeding the pitch. They also both said it would be very difficult to find somewhere. Will try more today though, just off abroad in a few days and got only 6 players for the final so far so could be interesting :-/
Understood. Is it too much to ask Exeter City if they'll let one of the pitches at the Cat & Fiddle be made available, particularly since its for Adam's Charities? I cant see how they'd say no, given the right approach. There's three or four pitches there, and there's a pub just across the road.

citysfinest

Understood. Is it too much to ask Exeter City if they'll let one of the pitches at the Cat & Fiddle be made available, particularly since its for Adam's Charities? I cant see how they'd say no, given the right approach. There's three or four pitches there, and there's a pub just across the road.
I will speak to the club, we have thought about it but the ideal location would have food and drink facilities at the ground. It's more convenient that way however it would be good at cat & fiddle so will speak to Mario later and see what can be arranged.

Mario

The club have previously said no to us using the training pitch. The gaffer wants it in the same condition as St James.

PeteUSA

The club have previously said no to us using the training pitch. The gaffer wants it in the same condition as St James.

I find that hard to believe, since the game is for the Stansfield Charity. I cant see Tisdale saying no, if by him you mean 'the gaffer'. I think somebody was having somebody on. The pitches at the C&F (and there are four or more) are okay for practice, but they are nowhere near the standard of St James Park. The club have allowed five a side tournaments on those pitches on numorous occasions, although I dont know about Tisdale's policy. "Wants the C&F in the same condition as St James", my ass! Call Mike Radford, he'll sort you out, he used to organise the summer five a sides.