• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Central League South (Reserves)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Finishes 7-0. We could win this league!

Not sure if this proves we have strength in depth or that FGR don't.
Possibly both; and that we don’t have many injuries. Perfect response by Jay to being left out of the squad on Saturday. Good sign when Jay, Collins and Sparkes can’t make the 18.

denzel

Good that we have such strength in depth, something that it looks like FGR don't have. For all their statements about it being a youth team they seem suspiciously old and unfit, judging by the chap third from the end..

By the way why isn't Hartridge starting for Truro? Surely he was sent there to get match experience, maybe we should bring him back.

IndoMike

Feel a bit sorry for Matt Jay (and some of the other reserves). He's shown a tremendous attitude over the last couple of years but just can't quite make it into the first team.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Feel a bit sorry for Matt Jay (and some of the other reserves). He's shown a tremendous attitude over the last couple of years but just can't quite make it into the first team.
He’s a hard worker is Jay but don’t think he will ever be a goalscorer at league level

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He’s a hard worker is Jay but don’t think he will ever be a goalscorer at league level
I don't see him playing as an out and out goalscorer. To my mind he practically ran the show at Fulham playing in a more withdrawn role (even then he was very close to scoring when he hit the post).

andrew p long

I don't see him playing as an out and out goalscorer. To my mind he practically ran the show at Fulham playing in a more withdrawn role (even then he was very close to scoring when he hit the post).
This is how I see Matt Jay long term too. As I said a season or two ago he might be best in the Ryan Harley or number 10/ creative playmaker role behind the striker.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're currently winning 6-0 away at Cheltenham. Another Matt Jay hat-trick!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seymour, Sparkes and Gilkes the other scorers. 60 minutes gone.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Jay with his from 4th of the game, from the spot. 80 minutes gone.