• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, I'll be there, nice to go to a game without all the hype, and looking forward to our usual 3 points up there!

Mike Blackstone

I'll be thinking of you all going down the motorway when I get home at around 6.30pm! Let's hope the result makes it a good journey.

rogerc

I'll be thinking of you all going down the motorway when I get home at around 6.30pm! .......
Not me Mike, back to Sunderland for an evening with my old muckers and then the big silver bird home on Sunday.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nor me, I'm staying over and driving back on sunday!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'll be thinking of you all going down the motorway when I get home at around 6.30pm! Let's hope the result makes it a good journey.
If I don't get lost (probably will though), I hope to be back to hostel/tent before then.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Advance tickets available from the Club for a reduced price.
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~1753076,00.html

David Treharne

Nor me, I'm staying over and driving back on sunday!
Subject to the effects of a night out in Carlisle. Regretably Carlisle does not have an Akbar's, though at one time all the pubs were nationalised (believe it or not!)

Mike Blackstone

Subject to the effects of a night out in Carlisle. Regretably Carlisle does not have an Akbar's, though at one time all the pubs were nationalised (believe it or not!)
Just stay clear of Botchergate in Carlisle on a Saturday night. A definite no go area.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
at one time all the pubs were nationalised (believe it or not!)
In Scotland, you mean? ;)

lancsgrecian

Yes, during WW1 the migrant Irish workers caused so much trouble that the pubs were all bought and managed by the government! This remained until the early 70s I think. If you get time the Tullie House museum has a lot of info about it- or just try the Howard Arms on Scotch St! (Theakstons)