• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle V ECFC Matchday thread

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Thanks Jim.

Why did Bertie come off, injury, or tactical ? (I had no radio yesterday !)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a performace from Troy A-H,at Brunton Park....Simply Awesome....

I could not see us scoring at all,until that one decent move which carved the opening for Stewart....

Carlisle had many chances,but at 4-55pm if they have not hit the back of the net.It means nothing....

Best bit of the day?...The legend that is Maurice Wright,getting a bit wet when they switched on the grass sprinklers at HT....

Mr Jinx

Unfortunately for Carlisle the rules of football states that the winning team is the one that has scored more goals than the opposition. You don't get points for hitting the woodwork or fluffing sitters as we have found out much to our chagrin after several years in the Tinpot.

Antony Moxey

Tully is by a country mile our best crosser of the ball
No he isn't, by a country mile or any other unit of measurement. Stewart is easily as good.

Antony Moxey

Borat

Any videos from the stands yet? ;)

crap match until the goal but a wins a win ... great day out and was alot of fun and to top it all off citys first 3 points ! comon !

OAKY WHITE

Well done nice to see you get the win.

grecianstew

Wasn't there yesterday, so huge respect to those that made the journey.
However have been away in similar circumstances ie. 1-0 up but under pressure and the contrasting atmosphere between being in that situation at home is immense. At home sections particularly from the OG and Flybe would be hysterical and ignorantly abusive, sapping the confidence of players by the minute. Away the travelling faithful get behind the embattled team, almost joining them in the fight and become that much needed twelth man. I am certain we would have held on on Tuesday with more positive support from the stands.

Darren Moxey

Resigned
Well we certainly used our 'get out of jail free' card yesterday!

As has already been said, TAH had a fantastic game. Definately the best performance I've sen him put in. The midfield did okay on the whole, though Sercombe never really got into the game. Corr did very little all match. Stewart picked himself up to take the cheekiest of pens!
We could have got hammered, but Carlisle couldn't take any of their chances. So I was very happy and surprised to see us pick up maximum points.