• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United vs Exeter City - Matchday Thread

Terryhall

At the in-laws today so cannot watch or listen live. Surreptitious updates from the BBC website it is then! 3 points today would be a great result, but I'd take a draw (or should that be drawer?)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A grey overcast start to the day here in Carlisle. Am expecting it to rain later.
You are Dr Dave and I claim my £5.

UTC

StroudGrecian

That’s a bit of a myth we’ve lost 4 of our last 5 league games up there.
No we haven't, we've lost 3, and we played pretty well in last season's defeat (until added time anyway).

They are struggling to find their rhythm of last season and we are capable of causing anyone problems in this league. If JMT is back I fancy us for this one. We could do with the points to keep up with Notts County, who on paper have an easy afternoon at home to FGR.

Come on City.

Last edited:

IndoMike

If it really is a big pitch, I say play Edwards. Fast and furious!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If it really is a big pitch, I say play Edwards. Fast and furious!
I agree. Is Holmes fit? If so id play a formation that allows us to play both Edwards and Holmes. I think it's the biggest pitch in L2.

IndoMike

I agree. Is Holmes fit? If so id play a formation that allows us to play both Edwards and Holmes. I think it's the biggest pitch in L2.
In that case I see fast counter-attacking. Even some hoofball in Edwards' direction might bear fruit.

IndoMike

No we haven't, we've lost 3, and we played pretty well in last season's defeat (until added time anyway).

They are struggling to find their rhythm of last season and we are capable of causing anyone problems in this league. If JMT is back I fancy us for this one. We could do with the points to keep up with Notts County, who on paper have an easy afternoon at home to FGR.

Come on City.
The good thing now is that you can't imagine us not scoring in a game.

Andy Holloway

Or, if it's been raining badly and the River Eden has burst it's banks again, then it's the 'biggest swimming pool' in L2!

Last edited:

IndoMike

Or, if it's been raining badly, the 'biggest swimming pool' in L2!
Then we pick the best swimmers

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Then we pick the best swimmers
Luton have the best diver in L2.