• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Boot Sales

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Good luck Credy with the car boot, rest assured you will need it.

I have been to two in my life.once as a potential buyer the other as a seller and NEVER again.
I cannot beleive how sad some people are, haggling over ten fuckin pence :oops:

I had a 50s Clarris Cliff vase that was in the attic when I moved, I looked up the value prior to the boot sale and also saw something similar on Ebay for sale at £120.
I thought right I know its worth to the right person approx £80-£120 sort of range, bur I must have got **** tattooed on my head as three,yes three"booters" toldme they would respectively give me a tenner(!!!), £20 and the most realistic £40 for said item.

I said (knowingly) that I thought the £70 asking price was very fair for such a collectable,but no they all tried unsuccessfully to sticth me up knowing very well what it was worth and even at £70 was a good price.
I decided to sell on ebay and guess what, got £145 from a collector in Oxfordshire.

I could go on with other items that were haggled for,some people really do haggle for such small change I felt like giving them the darned items.

Credy, don"t say you were not warned mate,best of luck but if I were you ebay is by far your best bet, at least on there you don"t have to meet the cretins.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I goto car boots to buy old vinyl. Other than that full of thieves.

Red Alert

Why not undervalue one of your potential customers houses by say £50,000, and then be first in the queue to buy the said property? :shock:

After a few underhand valuations like this, not only could you buy your dream home outright, but also build up a nice little nest egg for you and Mrs Credy! :)

One possible downfall to this scheme is a medium to long term holiday at HMP.

Back to the drawing board.

Oli

Red Alert said:
Why not undervalue one of your potential customers houses by say £50,000, and then be first in the queue to buy the said property? :shock:

After a few underhand valuations like this, not only could you buy your dream home outright, but also build up a nice little nest egg for you and Mrs Credy! :)

One possible downfall to this scheme is a medium to long term holiday at HMP.

Back to the drawing board.
Why would they listen to a travel agent? :wink:

Antony Moxey

Perhaps he meant holiday homes... :lol:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
After searching through my stuff to sell items last night - while casting an eye over the Scouse play some decent attacking football :shock: -

i found the original playstation grey flat box with about 10 games so that will be going as well ! - ive got the new Playstation 2 so i dont need it anymore and it has some decent games Fifa 97/98/99 - Nhl Hockey , Ridge Racer , Premier leage All stars , Crash Bandicoot so im hoping to get £50.00 for that -

Poultice

Hey Credy , you a bit of a serious games player ? Got some pal psp's coming in this week . To you 250 quid including a hi-speed 1 gb duo.
Don't miss out on the new technology , you are only young once.

It aimt gonna happen.

Spicy Nik Nak

As a travel agent all you need to do is set up a false customer who buys a holiday with a big company through you. The false customer has an appalling time and demands not only a refund but some compensation. This claim can be passed to the company via the travel agent who sold them the holiday. Don't have to do it too many times...

Of course this is not technically speaking legal and may get you free housing for several years. I mean you'd be stupid to try it.

Red Alert

:oops: May be get a job as an ESTATE Agent! :oops:

My mistake.

Antony Moxey

Credy

Don't forget your PS2 is backward compatible so you should be able to play PS1 games on it. Don't get rid of those classics, just the duff stuff. Ridge Racer... :yesyes: