• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have eight black bags full of crushed cans at home. However my current illnesses are preventing me from getting to SJP. Can anyone in the Plymouth area take them up for me please? PM me for details.Thanks.
Sorry to hear you are poorly. Get well soon.

Leads

Was picking up some morphine patches (for my Grandad) from Cherry Bish surgery the other day, was surprised and pleased to see a Cans4City notice on the counter!

Keep up the good work :)

Andy_H

As the season comes to a close it's time to clear out our storage area and have ECC collect our latest 'offerings'. We have a collection booked for Friday 26th April so as to get paid at the current, April, rate for recycled alluminium which is very much in our favour and works out at roughly, 1.5p per lager/energy drink size can/1.25p per coke size can.

Therefore, can i ask anybody who is collecting cans and has a stock pile at home to drop them up at SJP in time to add to this collection, preferably by Tuesday 23rd April, but before Friday first thing as ECC usually 'rock up' earlyish on collection day.

I'm thinking that we probably have enough for at least 14/15 dumpy bags already, but are always open to recieving more, and more and......

Finally a request for information; every 4 or 5 weeks 'somebody' drops off about 20/25 x 18 cans boxes of empty Carlsberg cans all very neatly replaced in the boxes, occaisionally there are other brands but the empty cans are always back in the purchase boxes! Despite trying to find out who this kind person is we are unable to find then to say 'thank-you'. If it is anybody on Exeweb or anybody knows who this person is then please either post on here or, if they would prefer to remain anon, then maybe a pm would surfice. It's also about the story behind these cans, where they come from, that intriques me/us.

Pmc grecian

As the season comes to a close it's time to clear out our storage area and have ECC collect our latest 'offerings'. We have a collection booked for Friday 26th April so as to get paid at the current, April, rate for recycled alluminium which is very much in our favour and works out at roughly, 1.5p per lager/energy drink size can/1.25p per coke size can.

Therefore, can i ask anybody who is collecting cans and has a stock pile at home to drop them up at SJP in time to add to this collection, preferably by Tuesday 23rd April, but before Friday first thing as ECC usually 'rock up' earlyish on collection day.

I'm thinking that we probably have enough for at least 14/15 dumpy bags already, but are always open to recieving more, and more and......

Finally a request for information; every 4 or 5 weeks 'somebody' drops off about 20/25 x 18 cans boxes of empty Carlsberg cans all very neatly replaced in the boxes, occaisionally there are other brands but the empty cans are always back in the purchase boxes! Despite trying to find out who this kind person is we are unable to find then to say 'thank-you'. If it is anybody on Exeweb or anybody knows who this person is then please either post on here or, if they would prefer to remain anon, then maybe a pm would surfice. It's also about the story behind these cans, where they come from, that intriques me/us.

Pmc grecian

Great work Andy utc

tom_ecfc

Can we solve the mystery before the end of the season?! 🤣 Great work C4C as per usual!

UTC (Up The Cans)

Andy_H

Just in case there is any misunnderstanding from my previous post ref our next cans collection, Cans4City is NOT ceasing to exist, it fact quite the opposite we are going from strength to strength. Today i have cleared the store of 85 bin liners of crushed cans which, with the cans from the cages filled 13 dumpy bags, and we still have 2 weeks to go before our next collection.

Today we have also made donations to worthwhile causes relating to ECFC; Motor Nurone Disease, ECCT Housing Team & ECFC Womens Football.

Andy_H

I meant to also refer fans back to the post from Leads on 12th Mar, No 392. There is now, thanks to a dedicated Grecian, a Cans4City notice in the Surgary at Cheriton Bishop. The 'word' is spreading far and wide!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have eight black bags full of crushed cans at home. However my current illnesses are preventing me from getting to SJP. Can anyone in the Plymouth area take them up for me please? PM me for details.Thanks.
Rightwing -sorry to hear news too but wonder if there are any Great Western Grecians who could organise transport via railway to SJP for pick up there ?
Depending on where in Plymouth you are (I'm in Upper Swilly) I can offer to collect / drop them off at Plymouth Rail Station ?
Would be great to organise an Environmentally friendly delivery for the greater Grecian good.
UTDC

Ian Tarr

Rightwing -sorry to hear news too but wonder if there are any Great Western Grecians who could organise transport via railway to SJP for pick up there ?
Depending on where in Plymouth you are (I'm in Upper Swilly) I can offer to collect / drop them off at Plymouth Rail Station ?
Would be great to organise an Environmentally friendly delivery for the greater Grecian good.
UTDC
F y i the Great Western Grecians are in the Bristol area.