• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Cans for City' - revived

Andy Holloway

I bet if I turned up with a bunch of cans on a matchday the stewards would say "you aint coming in here with them".

On a side note, how about the club sell cans of drink rather than plastic bottles. (y)

I do hate all this fundraising stuff though, 45000 cans to raise £400, I just think why should I bother when the current players and staff can't be bothered and they rinse the club of all he cash.
But as you no longer attend SJP your first point is totally irrelevant.

We eagerly await an alternative from your good self with regards to a non expenditure method for fans to support the club and small cost special projects, and please don't return with your usual anti suit, anti Tis, anti anything ECFC reply.

In the words of Disney in Bambi; 'If you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all'.

Best Regards

Andy

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
THis is one of the schemes i never really understood why we dropped. Any way we can bring in revenue to the club has to be a good thing surely.

Those criticise the fact people(Trust, club, fans or whoever) are not doing things to raise money and then when something is put up as a fund raising possibility they criticise it as tin pot and pointless.

As Adrian Says its low cost to the fans, they can bring it in at there own convenience on match days and will raise a some much needed funds regardless of how little that revenue is. Would you rather the club and trust pushed to get the extra few pounds or not?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
But as you no longer attend SJP your first point is totally irrelevant.

We eagerly await an alternative from your good self with regards to a non expenditure method for fans to support the club and small cost special projects, and please don't return with your usual anti suit, anti Tis, anti anything ECFC reply.

In the words of Disney in Bambi; 'If you can't say nothing nice don't say nothing at all'.

Best Regards

Andy
The point is a hypothetical one, me or anyone else. Will they be allowed in the ground with a bag of metal? You seen our stewards, can't even take a KFC in so fat chance.

Now you can stop trying to score points, it doesn't impress me like it does some of the other muppets on here.

You get your £400 to the club and watch it dissappear like every other penny that goes in.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Who said anything about taking them into the ground?

This is a decent scheme that is fairly easy to manage and will make the club a few quid. Certainly not to be knocked, and I think the Real Deal's suggestion about making a competition element out of it is a good one too.

Grecian_Jay

This is a decent scheme that is fairly easy to manage and will make the club a few quid. Certainly not to be knocked, and I think the Real Deal's suggestion about making a competition element out of it is a good one too.
I'm shocked you think it's a good idea Jason, you're usually so objective about all things City related. It's tin-pot (no pun), pathetic and is just an insiders attempt at papering over the cracks and hiding the real issues at the club.

We are a business, not a sunday league team.

Leads

On a side note, how about the club sell cans of drink rather than plastic bottles. (y)
No clubs seem to, maybe they could be viewed as missiles? A full unopened can flying through the air would hurt.

Grecian_Jay

No clubs seem to, maybe they could be viewed as missiles? A full unopened can flying through the air would hurt.
Yeah but a few cut heads should be fine if it means an extra £3.65 in the kitty.

Andy Holloway

Is the correct answer Jason.

The original post clearly said that the collecting cages would be by the turnstiles at Stadium Way, OG and somewhere in Red Square so that fans can drop off their cans before they enter the ground.

Andy

denzil

Excellent time to restart the scheme - we all have a few at Christmas and New Year !! Why let the Council have the aluminium when we can use it.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
A great initiative Andy that I would be only too happy to support. I remember a few Sunday mornings sifting through the rubbish at SJP with Dacre and despite the "rubbish" job it was made all the better by knowing that we were doing our bit to help ECFC in an environmental as well as monetary sense.

Good job (y)