• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Can Tisdale motivate the players ?

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
You're not surprised are you? Miss Moxey's forte is being repetitive as well as boring and insulting. 40% of her posts prove this theory is correct :D
thanks for posting, your wit and originality always surprise me ^o)

Phil Sayers

Incidentally are you going to be the first to break ranks and openly call for Tisdale to resign / be sacked? I see that you have been testing the waters for likely reaction on here (as have a couple of others) but I have you in pole position to take the plunge.

I'm not sure what is holding you back though - is it knowledge of the probable Exeweb backlash, a lingering doubt that you may be wrong about Tisdale, lack of obvious replacement, that you are just on a wind-up and don't really want him out or something else entirely?

wemissmoxey

Incidentally are you going to be the first to break ranks and openly call for Tisdale to resign / be sacked? I see that you have been testing the waters for likely reaction on here (as have a couple of others) but I have you in pole position to take the plunge.

I'm not sure what is holding you back though - is it knowledge of the probable Exeweb backlash, a lingering doubt that you may be wrong about Tisdale, lack of obvious replacement, that you are just on a wind-up and don't really want him out or something else entirely?
still not convinced either way,

I cannot say I have been impressed with him over the last few months, I am sure others agree to a certain extent

geoffwp

Actually it is an interesting question even if it has been asked before on other threads. I think it was Pete Martin who posted after the Brighton game, that he felt the body language of some players seemed to indicate they had lost confidence in themselves and the team. That is a tough one for the management side to deal with in the time we have left. Personally I would still put my money down on Tiz getting the players motivated and overcoming the confidence issue. Whatever happens he is going to learn a great deal about himself over the next few months and we will learn a lot more about him.

izzer buddy

still not convinced either way,

I cannot say I have been impressed with him over the last few months, I am sure others agree to a certain extent
Got to disagree with you Tis does a good job in a tough league with little money and small resources.

What do you expect or suggest he needs to do to impress people like you ?

wemissmoxey

Got to disagree with you Tis does a good job in a tough league with little money and small resources.

What do you expect or suggest he needs to do to impress people like you ?
the way I see it is we are in a relegation scrap and we need to do excactly that, fight for every ball, be first to every second ball etc etc, we need to be more aggressive in our approach, that is tactically and physically, we are current lacking in both areas imho

izzer buddy

the way I see it is we are in a relegation scrap and we need to do excactly that, fight for every ball, be first to every second ball etc etc, we need to be more aggressive in our approach, that is tactically and physically, we are current lacking in both areas imho
Yeah thats what you think the players may need to do.

But why aren't you impressed with Tis ? and what does he need to do to impress you ?

wemissmoxey

Yeah thats what you think the players may need to do.

But why aren't you impressed with Tis ? and what does he need to do to impress you ?
it is up to him and the management to get the players doing the above,

according to you who decides on the tactics ?

PeteUSA

it is up to him and the management to get the players doing the above,

according to you who decides on the tactics ?
Tisdale can only do so much with his motivational skills though. According to reports on exeweb, which I rely on, the squad in general is crap. Fleetwood appears not to give a sh*t (although his article in the E&E last week would suggest differently), and no one player seems to be able to string two decent consequtive appearance together! Add to that, the fact that our pitch is evidently lousy, and I dont know what more PT can do.

Who assembled this bunch? Tisdale, who it appears is in it over his head. I am not however suggesting that this is meant to be 'Tisdale Out' thread either.

Actually it is an interesting question even if it has been asked before on other threads. I think it was Pete Martin who posted after the Brighton game, that he felt the body language of some players seemed to indicate they had lost confidence in themselves and the team. /QUOTE]

Not sure how interesting this is. I think ANY team who has just lost, played poorly and are in a relegation position are going to walk off a pitch somewhat less than buoyantly.