• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge Utd Versus Exeter City Discussion and prediction thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
2-1 win at Cambridge. Bowman and Jay. Confidence booster for the tricky trip to Scunthorpe.

Ashford Grecian

I think I went 1-1 in the monthly but fancy a tight 1-0 City win

StroudGrecian

Scunthorpe on a good run of form at the moment.....
Depends how you look at these things - only one defeat in their last 6 league games makes the sound formidable; only one victory in their last 6 games paints a different picture.

andrew p long

Depends how you look at these things - only one defeat in their last 6 league games makes the sound formidable; only one victory in their last 6 games paints a different picture.
Whereas we have a massive two wins in the last six league games. In thirteen games the number of wins by more than one goal is ...two.

I don’t understand why on the basis of either current form or the season so far that it is thought that Cambridge away should be an easy win.

Redarrow

1-2...Parkes and sparkes with the goals and Dion Dublin header for them!!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whereas we have a massive two wins in the last six league games. In thirteen games the number of wins by more than one goal is ...two.

I don’t understand why on the basis of either current form or the season so far that it is thought that Cambridge away should be an easy win.
No away game is a guarateed easy win but we are second (won 3, drawn 3, lost 0) on the away form table and they are 21st (won 1, drawn 2, lost 3) on the home form table. I know it's a cliche but that suggests this is the sort of game we need to be winning if we are serious about automatic promotion.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's a question.

Would you rather we beat Cambridge and Scunthorpe but lost to Plymouth giving six points over the 3 games or....

Lose to Cambridge and Scunthorpe but beat Plymouth giving us 3 points over the 3 games.

Head says the first scenario but heart says the second scenario.

exeter-loyal

All I know is we can't lose to them w*****s!!

We got to do em.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I know is we can't lose to them w*****s!!

We got to do em.
Easier said than done with 2 long away games in the week previous to the match with Argyle. I see they're chilling out with a couple home games.

Red Devon

I’ll take the 1:0 win at Cambridge please if it’s still on offer because it sure won’t be easy!!