• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City prediction thread.

oxford don

Its a very tough game as the Us will be full of confidence. They have a big powerful forward line and a couple of similar midfielders who like to mix it a bit. I think a draw is the best we can hope for but I can actually see us getting knocked back by 2 or 3 goals.

Personally I wouldn't start with Ribeiro as wingback I would leave him until later in the game after we have weathered the storm and use his pace to better effect. I fear it will be backs to the wall for long periods of the match and Ribeiro is a little lightweight in the tackle and doesn't have the right credentials for this type of match where kicking the ball will probably be secondary.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time to give up everyone. "A draw is the best we can hope for" away to Cambridge. Close the door behind you.

Terryhall

Time to give up everyone. "A draw is the best we can hope for" away to Cambridge. Close the door behind you.
I know you're secretly optimistic though - after all, by predicting 0-0 you've tipped us to get our first clean sheet of the season :)

Grecian_Jay

I know you're secretly optimistic though - after all, by predicting 0-0 you've tipped us to get our first clean sheet of the season :)
If we can't attempt to beat the likes of Cambridge then we should let someone else have our place in the league.

Terryhall

If we can't attempt to beat the likes of Cambridge then we should let someone else have our place in the league.
I guess that all depends on what you mean by 'attempt' ;) Although I do completely agree with you, this is one of the games I was hoping we could get 3 points from when I looked at the fixtures at the start of the month, hence my stick-in-the-mud 2-1 win prediction.

Grecian_Jay

I guess that all depends on what you mean by 'attempt' ;) Although I do completely agree with you, this is one of the games I was hoping we could get 3 points from when I looked at the fixtures at the start of the month, hence my stick-in-the-mud 2-1 win prediction.
Good man Tel. As you can see, I was replying to post #21 from Don where he said "a draw is the best we can hope for". I dont' like lack of ambition at all.

bsmaff

5-0 Cambridge.. Everyone will remove their new rose tinted specs after the better performance at the weekend, and everyone will again be calling for Tisdale's head.

malcolms

It's going to depend on how we start the match...If we give away an early goal, it could indeed be a long night...Tight, old fashioned ground where the crowd can get loud if things go well for the home team....On a "all our yesterday's" subject, If Flacky had scored with the simplest of chances in the relegation year, we might be looking at a completely different ECFC world..

Last edited:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
they will rip us apart

But dont worry, we are only an inch away.............(from non league)
Yes that 'inch away' ******** will be spouted a few times this year...4-1 to Cambridge.

Last edited:
Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
Its a very tough game as the Us will be full of confidence. They have a big powerful forward line and a couple of similar midfielders who like to mix it a bit. I think a draw is the best we can hope for but I can actually see us getting knocked back by 2 or 3 goals.

Personally I wouldn't start with Ribeiro as wingback I would leave him until later in the game after we have weathered the storm and use his pace to better effect. I fear it will be backs to the wall for long periods of the match and Ribeiro is a little lightweight in the tackle and doesn't have the right credentials for this type of match where kicking the ball will probably be secondary.
Yeah because the 'tough guy' Buttercup is so much better *shakes head*.