• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caleb Watts signs

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Caleb Watts has suffered a hamstring injury, a further assessment is needed the club has reported.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're looking seriously light on numbers again. How've we got into this mess :(

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're looking seriously light on numbers again. How've we got into this mess :(
So that's Watts, Cole, Niskanen, Aicheson and Rankine currently out, with Niskanen and Rankine returning over the next couple of weeks. Its not great is it!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So that's Watts, Cole, Niskanen, Aicheson and Rankine currently out, with Niskanen and Rankine returning over the next couple of weeks. Its not great is it!
Aitchison is back in contention for Saturday. Injuries are a fact of life, get over it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aitchison is back in contention for Saturday. Injuries are a fact of life, get over it.
Agree with you. Other clubs will also have injury woes. Get over it.

milts

It is because our squad is so light and lacking in depth that injuries really hit hard.

3 - 4 players out and our bench looks very weak.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Injuries being a fact of life is exactly why I describe this as a self-inflicted mess.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are always going to have a few players injured at any given point this season - this is why we needed to recruit more players.

JGrecian23

2 things wrong here.

1. Nearly every player we sign is injured or has been injured a lot.

2. Our squad is light as hell given the pathetic transfer window we endured. A couple injuries and we look extremely light.

grecianstew

I know the game is very different now, but I do find the level of injury in professional sport strange. Back in the 70’s we had (I think) a squad of 15 and only rarely had to use a St Luke’s College player to field a team, and didn’t Aston Villa win the league using just 13 players? As I say, different game now but I do wonder if Sick Notes are easier come by these days. Much the same could be said about Cricket, don’t ever remember Fred Rumsey or Alan Jones ever missing a game for Somerset- and they played 24 3 day games in those days