• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BURY - What a difference a year makes.

tisdale 1

Resigned
i remember that game! nightmare to get there on the coach,we took a great following and rocked there ground,there fans were sh*t but the ground is lush. Also remember jonesy picking the ball up outside is box and thinking he was getting sent off after 5 minutes. and there keeper made one of the best saves i have seen from logans header in the 90 minute!

we will be a match for them and i am very much looking forward to this one with the team we have compered to last year i am very confident we can get something there.

Living near Dursley, Working in Cheltenham
cannot wait for this, being my first away game. Hopefully we can continue our scoring form of late and give bury a shock. Aldershot did manage to score 3 against them in one half this weekend after all!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could go either way,if we meet the right Bury on saturday then they could be very vulnerable at the back.Wouldnt be surprised if it finished a 2-2 draw,now that we have found our scoring boots.

Some talk about Basham on this thread,any news on Stewarts injury?Bash would be the obvious replacement if he is out.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite right Chris.

TBH last year's cup game should have been 0-0.

And that line up:
Jones
Rico, Seaborne, Taylor, Edwards,
Carlisle, Gill, Taylor, Moxey
Bash, Mackie

Subs: Marriott, Tully, Elam, Logie, Stans
Should have been 1:1 remember a terrific save by their keeper from a close range Logan header.

ECFC JP

Only just over a year ago (when the knives were being still whetted for Tis & the team) we went to Gigg Lane as "plucky non league minnows" to tackle the mighty Bury. (I seem to recall at the time how certain wannabe Mancs were on here saying how the Bishop was gonna 'Bash' us...and were narrowly "robbed" 1-0

....fast forward to next Saturday when we meet again AS EQUALS & POTENTIAL PROMOTION RIVALS" :D

&, if he's on the bench, could "Bash" possibly bash their BISHOP!!!???
I think we have grown as a team and that has been key.:D

STURTZ

The difference being that when we played them last year they were scraping around the bottom of the league, this year they're right up there.

Grecian2K

the difference being that when we played them last year they were scraping around the bottom of the league, this year they're right up there.
AS ARE WE!!! [ecfc] :D [ecfc]

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
[url="http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10422~20071124,00.html]They were 11th at the time of the FA Cup match.[/url]

Grecian2K

[url="http://www.buryfc.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10422~20071124,00.html]They were 11th at the time of the FA Cup match.[/url]
And we were EIGHTH....in the [n]bsp[n].....which makes it 21 places below by my rough calculations....
....this time round its just FIVE

As they say on the Underground......

Last edited:

Dubai Grecian

Anyone remember the last time we played Bury in the league...I was there. I seem to recall it was a cold wet day with about 100 city there, we lost 2-0 or 2-1 I think.

Anyway should be a cracking game this time round. Safe trip for all those going.