• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

buckle vs tisdale compare and contrast

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
i think both managers have done brilliant jobs,totally different characters but very successful.Just enjoy the success they bring both of us,buckle will move on shortly and tisdale wont be at exeter forever,both deserve a shot at something bigger and it will surely happen at some stage
Is correct.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
So what, I read somewhere recently that we train at a pub (think it was on the Northampton fans' website re Bauza).
Brilliant. Wish I'd seen that ... :)

STURTZ

Think Buckle is a very good manager, working with slim resources and not afraid to cut and bring in fresh blood when required.

He's done a great job but feel that Torquay will struggle to retain league 1 status, not surprised he's going to leave.

Comparisons with Tis are a bit sketchy but on the whole I feel Tis thinks longer about the long term and building a legacy, where as Bucks might be better at the quick fix..

i was thought that tisdale was more tactfully aware and more tactful,the former has improved in buckle in recent times though,his and tisdales record cannot be underestimated or failed to be respected.The only issue they both have is when will it be right to jump ship,more due to taking the respective clubs to their highest limits attainable in their view

elginCity

Reckon one day Tis will still be managing the Reds of City, while Bucks manages the Blues of Rovers.

Hopefully, not in the same city, but I fear it might.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Buckle has done a fine job, no doubt about that. If the Turks win promotion, then, quite simply, he's built a team that's caught up with ours, that you can't argue with.

The difference between Tis and Bucks, and it's been mentioned before, is that Bucks uses the loan market fully (and wisely) while Tis is reluctant to do so. I sometimes wonder if that's a weakness of Tis's (a couple of good loanees might have seen us promoted) or that he's simply hamstrung by the amount of money he can afford on wages.

grecIAN Harris

Buckle has done a fine job, no doubt about that. If the Turks win promotion, then, quite simply, he's built a team that's caught up with ours, that you can't argue with.
Divisionally maybe but player for player........................ I don't think so. Who have they got in the same planet as Harley, Curo or Duffers let alone the same league?

Grecian Max

MALE out that Buckle is MIRE ambitious...are you on those drugs again Mixed Up?
:) thanks to my iPhone, I'm guessing you don't what that is...

malcolms

:) thanks to my iPhone, I'm guessing you don't what that is...
I presume you meant I don't KNOW what that is but as you are clearly incapable of using the thing it's difficult to be sure.

Sorry to disappoint you Mixed Up but i have an IPhone and an IPod, I realise they overlap in some areas but nevermind eh:)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Occasionally you have to take a step back to take a step forward. Rovers, without doubt, have bigger potential than our feathered freinds down the road. Buckle is shrewd enough to know that, should Torquay manage to get up, that next season is going to be a relegation battle for them all season, consequently his stock is going to reduce and his opportunities reduced. At the moment he looks good, promotion out of The Conference, FA Trophy finalists and the play offs this year even without promotion. The time is probably prime for him to move on now if the opportunities allow. A move to Rovers will be a bigger challenge and with better long term prospects for him.
Nail now firmly lodged in the wood.