• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brentford v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Come on laaads 1-1 again would be fine

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a warning if you are travelling early....the weather in London this morning is dreadful with heavy rain so may be best to keep an eye on whether there is any doubt about the game being on. It's supposed to clear up this afternoon

What was the pitch like on Friday ? Worried about this rain not stopped all morning .

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A little word of caution to those travelling up for tonight's match. Given apparently Friday's game ended up being very much in doubt due to the rain, I thought I'd do my "Dr Dave" bit and say that it has been bucketing down for hours in the locality. The weekend wasn't all that wet, so hopefully the pitch has dried somewhat since Friday, but I reckon if this rain continues in this magnitude for much longer you'll have a wasted trip.
Precipitation?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just a warning if you are travelling early....the weather in London this morning is dreadful with heavy rain so may be best to keep an eye on whether there is any doubt about the game being on. It's supposed to clear up this afternoon
Anyone would think I hadn't just posted similar! ;)

Yep, the forecast is for it to clear up later, fingers crossed it does so!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What was the pitch like on Friday ? Worried about this rain not stopped all morning .
Pitch was bl**dy awful on Friday. Apparently there was a deluge in Brentford that day (which missed us in Haaanslow!) that *almost* caused the match to be postponed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Given it is going to be televised, I would have thought they would have pulled out all the stops to make sure it goes ahead. No idea if they can use covers to protect the pitch, e.g. drainage issues.

Nothing on their website about a pitch inspection, though their telephones are currently out of order.

I think it'll be on.

STURTZ

Heavy pitch, play Cozic?

The_Governor

Come on 4 nil - so I can book a flight back for the final.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Pitch was bl**dy awful on Friday. Apparently there was a deluge in Brentford that day (which missed us in Haaanslow!) that *almost* caused the match to be postponed.
appreciate those that were there would have had clearer view but highlights didnt look like a game in doubt of goint ahead. couldn't see any standing water, dont know if forecast was right but believe they didnt give too much rain over weekend.

really hope especially as on sky and forecast is dry for pm onwards that all will be ok, and if in doubt club would have put something online by now.

come on city, lets break the curse of away kit and brentford in one swoop.