• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

brentford v city match day thread

David Treharne

I didn't think there were any problems. Given that we were near capacity, I was surprised just how much space we had on the bottom terracing.
As an aside, and a footnote to potential ground redevelopers it's probably best not to have the away catering and the toilets in such close proximity to each other and accessed by a passageway which would realistically allow three people to pass each other in comfort.
Other than that a brilliant day out, a good (if not necessarily deserved point) and lots to play for tomorrow. My thanks to fellow RAWZ tourers. Also managed to persuade a Spurs supporter who had just spent £63 each for two tickets and also full train fare to come to the game tomorrow. As ECFC Girl observed of his outlay for one match "That's more than my season ticket for next season will cost me!"

Liam McNamara

was an amazing day out!! disapointed at the home fans!! they rarely got behind their own team and only came to life when they scored. I think the City did themselves proud yesterday and protected their lead very well. I must admit I thought we where going to suffer badly straight from the kick off but the Grecian spirit shone through. Stansfields running was sadly missed. Fleetwood showed excellent team spirit even when some of the Brentford lot where having a go at him. A good day out and an excellent point!

RHINO

I didn't think there were any problems. Given that we were near capacity, I was surprised just how much space we had on the bottom terracing.
You must be joking! As we came in (2-20pm) we were all herded squashed into the first entrance to the away end if some one had bothered to look
( a steward perhaps!) there was room down the far end but no one told us we had to move at half-time as it was getting very scary

Garybaldbee

was an amazing day out!! disapointed at the home fans!! they rarely got behind their own team and only came to life when they scored!
Sadly true although the Observer reporter got it spot on - we've lost momentum on the pitch and the bullishness of a month ago has disappeared to be replaced by, if not panic, then at least deep anxiety. As the report also makes clear, we don't do Play offs so its automatic promotion or nothing for us.

We won on the pitch yesterday, you won off it.

ECFC TOM

I really enjoyed it Yesterday, although that late goal was gutting. Superb atmosphere from our fans and it was nice to have a laugh at the pathetic chavs to our right. Good result, good performance and a great day. Bring on the Wycombe.

UTC.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brilliant away day :)

Just seen the goals, For there goal I couldn't quite see what Tully was doing? Was he trying to let it run across him and then hook it away with his right? He got some contact on it but there player blocked it, best in the future to just clear it with his elft there I feel...

Another negative was Mcallister, Target man but didn't win any headers... Really poor performace from him, bhetter off the bench...

Everyone else really good, Nice to see Harley coming on and doing well too.

We deserved a point and that's what we got but it was just dissapointing the equalizer was so late!

9 minutes of stoppage time overall, must be some kind of record for us this season!

ECFC TOM

9 minutes of stoppage time overall, must be some kind of record for us this season!
It felt like it dragged on for ages. I couldn't hear how much was added on at the time because of their **** poor tannoy. They could've done with Dave Treharne ;)

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
It felt like it dragged on for ages. I couldn't hear how much was added on at the time because of their **** poor tannoy. They could've done with Dave Treharne ;)
Was stupidly quiet wasn't it? Only the people that saw the board actually knew I think...

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant away day :)

Just seen the goals, For there goal I couldn't quite see what Tully was doing? Was he trying to let it run across him and then hook it away with his right? He got some contact on it but there player blocked it, best in the future to just clear it with his elft there I feel...
:cool:So you would have liked Tully to smack the ball back across the face of our goal?^o) Tulls is looking towards our goal just outside of the back post, what else what else was he going to do with it. It's just unfortunate he mistimed his clearance and matey boy got the luck of the bounce and was left in a position where he couldn't really miss from a yard out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member