• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

brentford v city match day thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just making a point about the importance of having a top notch goal scorer.
but Ian, you do that all the time, over and over. No one is left in ANY doubt as to the low esteem you hold Stans. Its a bit like malcolms constant harping about the management, usually when things haven't gone well......wonder where he is by the way......oh, i forget, things are going OK at the moment. Sorry Ian, don't mean to be bitchy. ;) Its been a good day, lets be positive eh? its ours to win STILL.

geoffwp

I never 'prawn sandwich' geoffrey. And you all know deep down in places you don't like to talk about that Stanno would have fluffed his lines.
Actually Ian, I dont think he would have 'fluffed his lines'. Check out Quantum mechanics...I would have visualised him scoring...so he would have....catch my drift??

fred binneys head

And you all know deep down in places you don't like to talk about
Do you mean Plymouth?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As for the game itself although they had a lot of possession - and call it rose tinted if you like - but once again a team that has dominated us failed to really trouble us. Pretty much everything was high or wide, and there wasn't much to trouble Jonah that he didn't deal with comfortably.
Agreed. That is how we saw it.

2 quite equal team, but able to play football, both also capable of very quick break outs.

geoffwp

Do you mean Plymouth?
Ha ha ha. Quality one liner FBH. :)

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a bleddy good game of football today. I thought the draw was a fair result, despite Jonesy's pen save. They were a big strong physical side who played good football. We had them really worried in the last 20 minutes or so, despite them scoring eventually. The ground was OK too, (even if the area surrounding it was a little less-pleasing on the eye!). A good day out. Well done all of us for making the trip - we were awesome in our support today.

Garybaldbee

Evening Grecians.

From a Brentford perspective the main emotion is obviously relief at the late equaliser tempered with disapointment that we didn't get the three points we thought we deserved. We had an extremely makeshift side as a result of a spate of last minute injuries and on paper it was probably the weakest line up we've fielded all season - it certainly bears no relationship at all to the one that was dominant earlier in the campaign. We seemed to shrug it off though and were well on top for the first hour. The penalty award was a bit of a joke (as it was at SJP in the first game :) ) but I suppose justice was done. Once Spencer went off (our 4th striker with a season ending injury in 6 weeks :( ) we seemed to lose our way a little and in the last 30 I thought you began to gain some composure - I couldn't see the equaliser coming.

Fair play to you for your support, in numbers and volume - shame the edginess around GP meant we didn't really respond until the closing minutes! I enjoyed my visit to SJP at Christmas and hope to see you in League 1 next year.

Grecian Max

Thought it was a fair result, although gutted the equaliser came so late.

Good performance again, although Big Mac wasn't at his best and Harley was coasting.

Think we'll do Wycombe on Monday, so the table doesn't look tooo bad despite the (sort-of) set-back.

Also 1,727 away fans? Absolute quality. And mental when Fleetwood stuck it in :D

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought it was a fair result, although gutted the equaliser came so late.

Good performance again, although Big Mac wasn't at his best and Harley was coasting.

Think we'll do Wycombe on Monday, so the table doesn't look tooo bad despite the (sort-of) set-back.

Also 1,727 away fans? Absolute quality. And mental when Fleetwood stuck it in :D
Bang. Ditto.

Would be embarrassed to be a Bee at the moment!

Especially that bell-end near the left of the city fans where we were stood. Your kids must be so proud.... Get a grip. D*ck.

As for the pitch invaders.... pathetic <cringe>

1727? AMAZING!!

Wow! Was so gutted when their goal went in but half expected it. Would have taken a draw before KO an we should/could have lost 4-0 so pleased if a little dissapointed with the result. So near yet so far.

Here's my rambling reviews of each players performance...

Jonesy: A bit shakey first half but had a good 2nd half. No chance with the goal!

Tully: Played ok, I want to see their goal back before I say anything about them having two (2) yes TWO blokes unmarked at the far post! TWO!

Deano: Soild if unspectacular

Troy: Mostly poor on the ground but immense in the air

Rob: Solid. 'Nuff said

Sercs: Didn't do too much... I think he lacks the pace and guile to be a winger. Not sure passing it diagionally back to your left towards the CBs is going to be enough to save embarrassment in League One next year.

Gilly: Quality.... the way he gets the ball down an just plays it is vital to our game, shame he's leaving in the summer. Who are we going to get to replace him?

Stewart: Looked decent, at least if he's out for the season, he did it clearing some danger!

Harley: I saw Ryan Harley challenge for a header and it wasn't pleasant viewing:)P). That said...I'm sure him or Bash would love to step into Marcus's role behind the front two.

Bertie: Did what he does.. slightly baffing decision to dribble it out of our area after a corner beforre turning and playing it back to Jonesy... bouncing back-pass an all.

Mac: Poor. Much better off the bench.

Fleetwoood: Where would we be without him? 8th probably. His class has won us 4 more points than we would have got without him in the last two games.

'simples' <cringe> Oh an Logie... No chance.

Hungerfordbee

Would be embarrassed to be a Bee at the moment!
Well I'm not!

We are still top the league with points, games and goal difference in hand on all our rivals. We are moving in the right direction off the pitch, attendances are well above budget and my 8 year daughter has finally got the bug. There are many ways to describe my state of mind this morning and embarrased is not one of them.