• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

brentford v city match day thread

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
had one disallowed for not sure what
Ball went out of play before coming back in - as signalled (correctly!) by the referee ;)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
A question for all you Stanno fans out there, do you think he would have finished off Fleetwoods goal in the same situation? I think not.

DevonSent

So well done boys, terrific result - especially after they missed a (possibly the worst taken ever) penalty and had one disallowed for not sure what. Came away from the ground very happy, then very confused as to why all the streets seemed to be cordoned off by the plod giving us a ridiculous trip back to the car afterwards.

What a day!
The ball had gone out of play as it came in from the corner. Thank god.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
A question for all you Stanno fans out there, do you think he would have finished off Fleetwoods goal in the same situation? I think not.
Maybe, maybe not...but we'd have got a lot more throughout the game from Stansfield & Fleetwood playing up front than we did today out of Macca & Fleetwood

Grecian2K

Ball went out of play before coming back in - as signalled (correctly!) by the referee ;)
Correct jambo - except that it was "as signalled vigorously by the lino"..the ref actually noticing for once!
(Witness that other instance in the first half when the lino at the other end was flagging for offside almost until his arm dropped off before the ref deigned to notice - perhaps finally "influenced" by the howls of 1,727 angry Grecians! [y] ;) )

Antony Moxey

Cheers. I wondered whether it was for Jones getting clattered just after he flapped at the ball for the one and only time all afternoon. Thanks for the clarificaton.

grecIAN Harris

Maybe, maybe not...
Pull the splinter out of your arse jambo. ;) Just 'cause you don't want to agree with me.:D

grecIAN Harris

One other thing from today. What crap terracing we had. It's worse than bloody Plainbore.

fred binneys head

Pull the splinter out of your arse jambo. ;) Just 'cause you don't want to agree with me.:D
What's to agree with? That Fleetwood is a better goalscorer than Stanno? You're a genius - who would have thought it....

Hungerfordbee

At least the roof keeps the rain off - unlike some other away ends I have stood in...............