• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brazil Tour Microsite

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
Nothing wrong with expressing thoughts, accusations are different.

As for your freebie, well let's not get into it, eh? As this thread has nowt to do with that, it isn't about you or your daughter. It was about gauging what others who might be thinking of going thought and what people thought of the site and survey.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall with you. And it is all about you. Now please just stick with the topic and stop arguing with me, cos you are boring me now and are doing nothing but making yourself look foolish..........
No you are the one doing that for yourself,you made a point of i cant say that about the club but its fine for you and the club to say what you like about me even though its not true, double standards shabba.

I dont think too many fans are interested in a survey,most have lost interest now as the brazil trip has been going on for far too long without any concrete plans or proof the game is sealed.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
No you are the one doing that for yourself,you made a point of i cant say that about the club but its fine for you and the club to say what you like about me even though its not true, double standards shabba.

I dont think too many fans are interested in a survey,most have lost interest now as the brazil trip has been going on for far too long without any concrete plans or proof the game is sealed.
l-) l-) l-)

That is all.

mole221

I'm definitely in the 'I'll go if it's cheap enough' group. For me it's vital that tickets can be bought separately, as flying from Toronto to Rio seems dear enough, so Toronto-London-Rio would be eye-watering. I don't see it as a trip to watch city, but a holiday with a city match in it, so if the club come up with an over restrictive package I'll be put right off. I'd want to go to the game(s), but the rest of the time I'd want to be doing my own things and probably travelling round the area.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm definitely in the 'I'll go if it's cheap enough' group. For me it's vital that tickets can be bought separately, as flying from Toronto to Rio seems dear enough, so Toronto-London-Rio would be eye-watering. I don't see it as a trip to watch city, but a holiday with a city match in it, so if the club come up with an over restrictive package I'll be put right off. I'd want to go to the game(s), but the rest of the time I'd want to be doing my own things and probably travelling round the area.
I think there are many fans with your situation, like Antman, who resides in Barcelona. Theres a chance I would go, but I'm not taking a 12 hour flight from Phoenix to Heathrow, only to get on another 12 hour flight from Heathrow to get to Rio! I dont think this will appeal to the club though, and I doubt very much if a ticket only for the game will be availabe. The club wont make any money that way. Seems to me the best way for people who dont want a 'package' is to obtain a ticket from the Fume end. I dont believe theres much excitement there, and tickets will probably be obtainable on the gate on the day once its confirmed a game is actually happening, It seems they know bugger all about it at the moment.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Have to agree.. If it is cheap enough.

I'm now wondering if I can budget 5 grand for me and the mrs.. i was hoping for 1500 each plus a grand spending... but 5 grand will be a huge ask.

As the match has been confirmed via the press releases over the last few months, what is needed is the actual date being set in stone.. I know there is a date pencilled in but for it to be put to bed now and that date being confirmed, would be very welcoming.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could the club not sell the things that they are hoping to organise for those going, as a separate package.

The club will also aim to provide personalised travel document packaging, a souvenir certificate of attendance, an official group photograph, an official tour of the Laranjeiras Stadium and an invitation to an official reception with Paul Tisdale and the playing staff in Rio de Janeiro, although this is all subject to final timings being agreed.
Surely that would appeal to some of the exiles or those wanting to make their own way there. If I really wanted to go but didn't live in the South West, I would still want to be involved with that kind of thing. The club could see it as some kind of hospitality package?

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
Have to agree.. If it is cheap enough.

I'm now wondering if I can budget 5 grand for me and the mrs.. i was hoping for 1500 each plus a grand spending... but 5 grand will be a huge ask.

As the match has been confirmed via the press releases over the last few months, what is needed is the actual date being set in stone.. I know there is a date pencilled in but for it to be put to bed now and that date being confirmed, would be very welcoming.
Lez it seems the only press release was from city and not fluminense but you are spot on about a date being confirmed now but from fluminense not city.

5K for 2 people for a single game against a make shift fluminense team is serious serious money,I think the prices quoted and the fact you can only get match tickets with the package has put a brake on a number of people who may of gone.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lez, its a gigantic ask. Seriously, how many City fans, even the dyed in the wool ardent ones, will have that kind of money to shell out! You can buy a very nice low mileage used car with A/C and warranty at Cowick Street Motors for that!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Quite so, Pete. But you'd still have to pay for the fuel to get to Brazil ...

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Quite so, Pete. But you'd still have to pay for the fuel to get to Brazil ...
Ser-lick!!!!! :D :D