• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman is missing far too many chances however we are a better team with him in it.

A front two of Seymour and Jay (which is what some seem to want) would be a joke, they would get eaten alive by most league two centre backs.

Seymour may have a decent future however in the two games he has started he has been very ineffective.

Doug P

Come on City you can turn this around (y)

exeter-loyal

What about the rest of the team ??

Lee Martin didn't play at Scunthorpe, we were poor and lost 3 - 1.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world, I'm saying he isn't the only one to blame when we are losing, we won 4 - 0 last week, he didn't score yet I didn't hear much from you about him.
Last week Lee Martin did that much work it didn't matter if he scored or not. Creates space his movement is decent and his work rate is better than anyone in this league, that's what helps the team.

exeter-loyal

2-1 Tranmere, Tis might be looking over his shoulder.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
My change would be playing Law further forward and dropping Lee Martin deeper, whenever Law seems to play in more of a forward role we generally seem to do well, he's probably our best finisher as well (of the players currently available).

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Need to convert possession in to shots on target.
The mantra of the away fixtures in the past 6 weeks

hardi2b

Difference is in the semantics thier strikers ...struck ours have gon on strike !

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about the rest of the team ??

Lee Martin didn't play at Scunthorpe, we were poor and lost 3 - 1.

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world, I'm saying he isn't the only one to blame when we are losing, we won 4 - 0 last week, he didn't score yet I didn't hear much from you about him.
That's because there wasn't a lot to say about him. You're on about his workrate, I think it's a little half hearted. He sidles up, half turned like a cat wanting to have a go at something it's not sure about, never really shutting the opponent down. You'll retort about the penalty but that was down to Law doing what Martin doesnt..... shutting players down and putting a foot in.

exeter-loyal

Crewe 0-1 Port Vale

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
grecIAN Harris

What would you be your front line at the start of games ?