• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boxing Day Match - Newport County Tickets - Tickets Selling Fast!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ok.k
IndoMike you just look on the website and look at the section sales within the tickets area. For the Big Bank it always says 20+ until full to capacity. The other areas show the seats left. Mainly singles left or pairs in most sections apart from A-section AS9. Fair to say tickets will continue to sell well. A win Saturday would seal the deal, I think the team deserve some good followings. We all know the difference an extra 200-300 on the gate means to our club. For the away fans it is unclear unless they message on their own twitter accounts. The club marketing should be really banging the drum locally about ticket sales selling well. the local press etc. If I can do one thing from a distance then this appears to be my main optiion. #gettothepark #bringafriend #bringthefamily
OK. Thanks. Keep up the good work. Hoping for 6.5k if that's possible.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know the FA/EFL are incompetent but i'm sure even they know a bit of UK geography, even when they send their referees their Christmas card possibly someone writing the address realises they've written DEVON on it!
As to the club protesting, maybe they're not as wound up/anti by BH as fans are!
The last two times that North Devon's finest has refereed us has seen

• Matt Taylor going to see Brett Huxtable after the match to find out why a penalty was given against Chrisy - I think the FA admitted the decison was wrong but can't find any confirmation of that.
  • Matt Taylor getting booked after a blatant penalty wasn't given and seeking clarification from the FA as to why Archie wasn't allowed back on the pitch to defend a corner we conceded from.
Therefore, I think it's fair to say our manager is at least as wound up by Brett Huxtable as we fans are and it would be very surprising if his North Devon origins haven't been mentioned in our conversations with the FA.

RichCounty27

Is there a breakdown of tickets sold for
Stands
Big Bank
Away fans

?
At least two away fans. Me and my daughter coming up from Plymouth to support my hometown team. Btw, Brett Huxtable hates us too so if he is ref then it's a toss up to who he hates the least!

IndoMike

At least two away fans. Me and my daughter coming up from Plymouth to support my hometown team. Btw, Brett Huxtable hates us too so if he is ref then it's a toss up to who he hates the least!
Have a good trip to Devon..😉. Newport often involved in low- scoring matches. I fear a 0-0 draw.
The majority opinion seems to be that Huxtable has his own very personal interpretation of the laws of the game, often leaving everyone frustrated, home and away teams alike.

Boyo

Does anyone know if the whole of Block A has been released, or will their be segregation in place, similar to the Gargs game?

AL_Yates

Block A released a few days ago. Only 133 tickets left to sit by my quick count. About 60 in AS9 final section. Probably going to sell out around 30 sold this afternoon. Some segregation again, which is pointless with the barriers in the away end a la Argyle

AL_Yates

What are your likely ticket sales? See you there..

AL_Yates

118 tickets for seats left

manc grecian

Wasn't BFB the ref against FGR when it was called off at half time around Christmas?

STURTZ

Not a fan but TBF, he was OK last time at SJP.
A lot of people would take umbrage at that statement, ruined the game by giving Grimsby a soft goal.

Collins was fouled Huxtable waved play on we lost the ball, Collins was still down after the foul, Grimsby won the ball and launched an attack which resulted in a corner, Collins left the field and we defended the corner with ten men, Grimsby passed the ball to an unmarked player on the edge of the box who scored. Highly likely Collins would have been one of the players patrolling that area.

O.K probably no law break and City should have coped there but the ref has the power to interpret the rules and that was just unfair. Ruined the game and our fantastic start to the season.