• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boss rules out last minute signings

Well-known Exeweb poster
Second guessing, I reckon p t had almost given up on fleetwood. charlton made a last min move to bring another striker in, so really needed to unload stuart fleetwood so belled either him or sp, whom may well have been in london to sign the young tottenham keeper, so sp had a hard day at the office, well charlton to tottenham 35/ 40 minutes. with a good cabbie.!! or maybe it was all done over the phone, who knows. but either way a very good days work.

Paulie

According to the back page of today's E&E. "At the moment nobody is coming in" said Tisdale " I am not likely to be making any signings".
Well that's definite then, as it's in the Express and Echo"
The manager tells the reporter that then they are going to print the story. Can hardly blame the paper can you?

David Treharne

The manager tells the reporter that then they are going to print the story. Can hardly blame the paper can you?
Er... Yes!!

Paulie

Er... Yes!!
How do you work that out? The manager is quoted as saying he is not trying to bring anyone in, of course they will do the story. Having read your posts on here for a while I notice that you, more than anyone else, wants to slag off the local media at every opportunity. Why? It all just seems quite weak after a while.

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

how did they manage to get things like medicals done then?

finetime

E&E - finger on the pulse as ever :D

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
How do you work that out? The manager is quoted as saying he is not trying to bring anyone in, of course they will do the story. Having read your posts on here for a while I notice that you, more than anyone else, wants to slag off the local media at every opportunity. Why? It all just seems quite weak after a while.
Ohh touched a nerve? Not an employee are you?

End of the day the Express & Echo is sh*te, like all local papers.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
...End of the day the Express & Echo is sh*te, like all local papers...
You'll be surprised, then, to learn my local rag - Dorset Echo - makes the old E&E seem quite an exciting and intelligent read ... :/

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ohh touched a nerve? Not an employee are you? End of the day the Express & Echo is sh*te, like all local papers
I work for the Echo; I have no idea who Paulie is but, as far as I'm aware, he/she isn't a colleague. In any case, regardless of who they are, I think they make a perfectly legitimate point.

If Tiz tells Matt Bamsey he doesn't envisage making any signings what, exactly, do you expect the Echo to report?!

I don't think the Echo is perfect - far from it - nor do I think it's deserving of lots of the ignorant and ill-conceived criticism it gets on here.

finetime

...ignorant and ill-conceived...
Words rarely associated with the E&E....

Last edited: