• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boosting The Numbers of Away Fans at SJP

TOP_CITY_FAN

Surely one advantage to having that away terrace in 2 parts, is that we can still offer a terrace then to teams like Macclesfield on a Tuesday night as they can go in the smaller section?

Red Bill

Surely one advantage to having that away terrace in 2 parts, is that we can still offer a terrace then to teams like Macclesfield on a Tuesday night as they can go in the smaller section?
And pay less!

CJ

As I understand it the IP Stand Block M is staying as away area. Teams bringing more fans also get Block L as at present. I think the away terrace will only open if there is a larger following and the NOG Block A will be away only for a really big game and very large following.

The away terrace is opening for Blackpool as a trial run but as Blackpool have only sold 14 terrace tickets (and 41 seats) it is not the best test.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The away terrace is opening for Blackpool as a trial run but as Blackpool have only sold 14 terrace tickets (and 41 seats) it is not the best test.
Even allowing for their boycott, that is utterly pathetic. A sad indictment of just how far a once great club has fallen. And they will be getting 45% of the gate money after deduction of expenses !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even allowing for their boycott, that is utterly pathetic. A sad indictment of just how far a once great club has fallen. And they will be getting 45% of the gate money after deduction of expenses !
Wembley was even worse. They got the same as ECF having sold around 4,000 tickets. If the Luton defender had not kicked it against his own keeper and thence into the net in the last minute, it would have netted us around £100K as Luton would surely have brought 25,000. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39879758

Stelios

Sad to see but have sympathy for fans who boycott. I know you're supposed to support the club whatever happens but I don't always think that's a great idea when certain types of owner are in charge.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sad to see but have sympathy for fans who boycott. I know you're supposed to support the club whatever happens but I don't always think that's a great idea when certain types of owner are in charge.
It is a great shame being fan owned club, that under FA regulations we could be forced to endure the presence of that odious, octogenarian, convicted rapist in the Board Room tomorrow. I really hope that, if he shows up, he gets the cold shoulder treatment. Of course if he does and ventures out into the WTS seats, there is nothing to stop our fans expressing their contempt, and "giving it large" to him !